ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not really . Ron was in such pain and felt tired . Before we even left home getting him ready was a battle against swollen legs and feet. We use soft top socks and even they were tight . His family could see he wasn't right so after a few hours we left for home. His sister was so touched that he came. His mum couldn't believe it . Maybe we'll try another time when he's had more therapy.
I wonder if they think this is what type2 does?
He really has a raw deal. Have they gave him a clear diagnosis now? Did you say Chronic Pain Disorder with arthritis and of course our joint type2 diabetes?
His swellings sound painful... in this weather.

Ive learnt to live with my numb toe/s, leg and swollen tummy now. I'm just thankful my scatica and pelvic/spinal pain is elevated by dihydrocodeine and paracetamol. Enough for a day out to a funfare but aided by a few taxis and a bus and Mr ickihun and boys.
It was a lovely, very hot, but rewarding day. I'm thankful I don't swell up too much in the heat. My tummy swells more after exercise.
Like now.

I really feel for @eldergarth and @tina_marie. In this heat.

I have to lose a further 2.5kgs before my 5wk time endoscopy. I have to return to diabetes unit for support with wayward metformin and its failure to help with weight loss.... again.
Surgeon wants a full 3-4kg loss before my op.
I must be a saint. Kids eating funfair treats and I'm luckily happy with diet drinks.... it was swealtering!.!!!!
I really want to wow my surgeon from my low carb, low fat weight loss.
Obviously make the op as easy as possible. ;)

Reactions: heh

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I wonder if they think this is what type2 does?
He really has a raw deal. Have they gave him a clear diagnosis now? Did you say Chronic Pain Disorder with arthritis and of course our joint type2 diabetes?
His swellings sound painful... in this weather.

Ive learnt to live with my numb toe/s, leg and swollen tummy now. I'm just thankful my scatica and pelvic/spinal pain is elevated by dihydrocodeine and paracetamol. Enough for a day out to a funfare but aided by a few taxis and a bus and Mr ickihun and boys.
It was a lovely, very hot, but rewarding day. I'm thankful I don't swell up too much in the heat. My tummy swells more after exercise.
Like now.

I really feel for @eldergarth and @tina_marie. In this heat.

I have to lose a further 2.5kgs before my 5wk time endoscopy. I have to return to diabetes unit for support with wayward metformin and its failure to help with weight loss.... again.
Surgeon wants a full 3-4kg loss before my op.
I must be a saint. Kids eating funfair treats and I'm luckily happy with diet drinks.... it was swealtering!.!!!!
I really want to wow my surgeon from my low carb, low fat weight loss.
Obviously make the op as easy as possible. ;)
His legs and feet are solid . It takes both hands to lift them. They remind me of how my granddads legs went and he had T2 as well. Has has been diagnosed with chronic fatigue and fibromialgia along with all the other medical conditions .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
His legs and feet are solid . It takes both hands to lift them. They remind me of how my granddads legs went and he had T2 as well. Has has been diagnosed with chronic fatigue and fibromialgia along with all the other medical conditions .
Oh no. My stomach is like that without metformin. Mind u solid stomach is getting looked at on 29th August. I'll be interested to see what's what. Hernia or no hernia and if still wrong bacteria causing mayhem.
Water under my skin of stomach mainly at night. Or when ill.
Any treatment plan for Ron yet? How is he getting with painkillers? Have they settled down? Mine is working a treat lately. Just wish my walking would be consistent enough to try without crutch. Been some good days. Physio is encouraging me to carry on and do it slowly. A bit and a bit more 2 weeks at a time.
Legs are liking as much walking I can muster. Toes complain but I have to ignore them or I'd never hit my goals.
I have improved but normally do in summer. Winter is the hiccup.
Still awaiting my running machine to be moved into a spot I can release conveyer belt section and be used. Mr ickihun needs help as not a one man job.
I must arrange a bbq on a day I've made appropriate space in bedroom. I'll ask for hands then feed them. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Is he still very unhappy or is he enjoying what he can?
I think if you both often. More often than I can message.
Little one was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder and will soon be getting discharged from his paediatrian. The school is working well for him and outreach and others are going to be supporting him with us at home.
He loved the fair today. He hated any waiting around thou. :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Is he still very unhappy or is he enjoying what he can?
I think if you both often. More often than I can message.
Little one was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder and will soon be getting discharged from his paediatrian. The school is working well for him and outreach and others are going to be supporting him with us at home.
He loved the fair today. He hated any waiting around thou. :(
Well we haven't really been given a proper treatment plan yet . Got to go back on the 7th August. As for his moods , well there up and down which is to be expected . He's been waiting a long time . Now with me having the menopause to cope with as well. My moods are worse than when I had Pmt . Now also getting nights sweats to. I've already had a go at gp receptionist down the phone .

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ickihun & @tina_marie You are both going through so much. I seem to be getting off very lightly with this T2 diabetes lark, the occasional cramp and dicky tum 'cos of the metformin (I'm on slow release). I hope you get all your issues sorted, or at least properly diagnosed so you know what you are dealing with.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@heh i was going to say the same thing. Some people seem to have more then their shares worth.
I totally agree with you there .
I wouldn't wish any of this on anyone . After months of constipation he's now got the opposite. This Wednesday it will be a month since he stopped metformin and still no change in bgs .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I've eaten two ready meals today. Tuna pasta bake and chicken stew with two dumplings. Blood glucose at 7:19 pm was 10.2.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Been to drs with Ron. It seems pleurisy is back . Now on a five day course of antibiotics. Gp has also changed his tramadol from prolonged release to normal.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My Careworker (Home Help) came this morning and changed my bed after I had a weeing accident in it in my sleep last night. I took my medication, too, plus my Lixisenatide 20 mcg anti-diabetic injection. My blood sugar at 11:39 AM today was a brilliant 5.6! I'm also 11 days quit on my new Smoking Quit, but using the nicotine sprays a lot, unfortunuately.

I'm sorry to hear about @eldergarth's Pleurisy, @tina_marie, my friend. Gosh, the poor man really has been very ill! I love him to bits and am going to pray for him in my 6:00 PM Prayer Routine this evening. I love you guys.

How is @ickihun?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Been to drs with Ron. It seems pleurisy is back . Now on a five day course of antibiotics. Gp has also changed his tramadol from prolonged release to normal.
How is Ron today @tina_marie ??
Give him hugs from us.
How does he develop it? Inactivity and infection or his bad circulation stopping water being leased from his lungs. Is his heart causing this? When can he see a cardiologist hun?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My Careworker (Home Help) came this morning and changed my bed after I had a weeing accident in it in my sleep last night. I took my medication, too, plus my Lixisenatide 20 mcg anti-diabetic injection. My blood sugar at 11:39 AM today was a brilliant 5.6! I'm also 11 days quit on my new Smoking Quit, but using the nicotine sprays a lot, unfortunuately.

I'm sorry to hear about @eldergarth's Pleurisy, @tina_marie, my friend. Gosh, the poor man really has been very ill! I love him to bits and am going to pray for him in my 6:00 PM Prayer Routine this evening. I love you guys.

How is @ickihun?
Hi @JohnnyBaker12021970. Just seeing off 11yr old to a hot tub party. We've been busy wrapping birthday boy's gift and making a card and filling one too. I had a lie-in which is always appreciated.
Now home with Mr ickihun and 5yr old with no children squabbling. Lovely!! !!!

Reactions: heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@tina_marie Ron can control tramadol to suit his pain. I was able to go from 8 per day to 6. I'm doing same with dihydrocodeine now. My walking can on occasion be pain free. I even walked a little without crutch in MSK appointment. I told him logistics and finance isn't stable for 3x week swimming and walking is only avenue of exercise. However no time for me when kids are off. I have forms to fill in which I'm having to arrange to find a library to do in peace. Especially now raining and little one needs entertaining indoors. Money is going on extra food so very little for enjoyment. However we have been out twice for the day, so far.
We've cancelled rented car due to Mr ickihun's nervous driving and fear of another bump. We will use public transport and walk.
We still have a visit to Durham to do. 2 new swimming pools and a revisit to a local farm. We will definitely be back a few times to South shields fair. We taxied up to bus station last time and it was perfect for a bus all the way home. Just a few pound worth all the stress of walking tired and in the 25-29 degree heat. Even metro looked appetising. Kids feel asleep on bus home. Perfect.
We still want a trip to see family in Bridlington but difficult on public transport. We'll do it soon thou.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I went to my Sunday Christian Meeting with my Bible Study Teacher, Kevin, driving and today enjoyed a small spaghetti bolognese ready meal, a plate of microwave cooked oven chips and an onion which I peeled a made raw onion rings out of. I didn't have a Careworker - Homehelp - today but managed to take my medication with Max's prompting. Max is going to make liver and onions, mashed celeriac, boiled potatoes and canned plum tomatoes for an evening meal. My blood sugar, now, at 4:34 Post Meridian British Summer Time was a troubling 17.2.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
How is Ron today @tina_marie ??
Give him hugs from us.
How does he develop it? Inactivity and infection or his bad circulation stopping water being leased from his lungs. Is his heart causing this? When can he see a cardiologist hun?
It may well of come from bad circulation, he could have a clot somewhere although he does take aspirin everyday. At the moment he's asleep as he was yesterday afternoon. Last time he had it was December 2016. He tries to keep himself busy . He loves gardening . This year he's grown courgettes for the first time , so guess who's been busy in the kitchen. Found a lovely snack recipe for them. We've now got sugar snap peas and runner beans coming as well as strawberries . The lean to greenhouse is going to be full of tomatoes soon. Amazing what you can grow in a small garden. Also herbs to. So you see he is doing something to keep active ,but what I would really like to see is him with a physio all this talking therapy isn't getting him no where .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It may well of come from bad circulation, he could have a clot somewhere although he does take aspirin everyday. At the moment he's asleep as he was yesterday afternoon. Last time he had it was December 2016. He tries to keep himself busy . He loves gardening . This year he's grown courgettes for the first time , so guess who's been busy in the kitchen. Found a lovely snack recipe for them. We've now got sugar snap peas and runner beans coming as well as strawberries . The lean to greenhouse is going to be full of tomatoes soon. Amazing what you can grow in a small garden. Also herbs to. So you see he is doing something to keep active ,but what I would really like to see is him with a physio all this talking therapy isn't getting him no where .
I hope he recovers quickly, bless him. I hope you're OK too.
All I get from physio is pain is activated in the mind. Funny how when painkillers are due, even if I'm mind busy, I'm in so much pain I want to cry. Solace in bed til they kick in away from kids.
I'm sure talk therapy helps some and may even reduce depression, I'm not sure what it's purpose is.
There does seem to be alot of people in pain. New technique to deal with back pain is to ignore it. If only. I've had it a few years now so I'm getting used to popping pills to get some quality of life. Otherwise I'd be bed bound.
On bad days you know they don't care but on good days you know they cannot afford to help so do the cheapest thing... DO nothing.

As you can probables guess, today is a painful day. I'm trying to reduce my painkillers but it can have a negative effect. Feel like body is dividing itself to one side.

I think I was so happy to meet my surgeon, I'm coming down now from the build up.
This op had better help with my back too. Or I'll hit the roof.
I know it cures nothing just improves. I just wish it was all done and dusted. So I can get on with eating smaller and take the multivitamins with iron, dancing down my street. Ha ha

Reactions: tina_marie

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I went to my Sunday Christian Meeting with my Bible Study Teacher, Kevin, driving and today enjoyed a small spaghetti bolognese ready meal, a plate of microwave cooked oven chips and an onion which I peeled a made raw onion rings out of. I didn't have a Careworker - Homehelp - today but managed to take my medication with Max's prompting. Max is going to make liver and onions, mashed celeriac, boiled potatoes and canned plum tomatoes for an evening meal. My blood sugar, now, at 4:34 Post Meridian British Summer Time was a troubling 17.2.
Johnny are you lonely is that why you let max in? I understand.
Just try and be happy and stress free ok. Keep smiling.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Johnny are you lonely is that why you let max in? I understand.
Just try and be happy and stress free ok. Keep smiling.
I'm very lonely, @ickihun, and am not keen on being on my own and my autism psychiatrist observed that my discernment capacity isn't good. I like people's company. I feel happy when I've got people's company. Max is as quiet as a mouse at the moment and not aggressive, drunk or hyper. I love coming on the forum, too, as there are some awesome people on here. DCUK is good for my Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD and I can really feel the love on here.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I hope he recovers quickly, bless him. I hope you're OK too.
All I get from physio is pain is activated in the mind. Funny how when painkillers are due, even if I'm mind busy, I'm in so much pain I want to cry. Solace in bed til they kick in away from kids.
I'm sure talk therapy helps some and may even reduce depression, I'm not sure what it's purpose is.
There does seem to be alot of people in pain. New technique to deal with back pain is to ignore it. If only. I've had it a few years now so I'm getting used to popping pills to get some quality of life. Otherwise I'd be bed bound.
On bad days you know they don't care but on good days you know they cannot afford to help so do the cheapest thing... DO nothing.

As you can probables guess, today is a painful day. I'm trying to reduce my painkillers but it can have a negative effect. Feel like body is dividing itself to one side.

I think I was so happy to meet my surgeon, I'm coming down now from the build up.
This op had better help with my back too. Or I'll hit the roof.
I know it cures nothing just improves. I just wish it was all done and dusted. So I can get on with eating smaller and take the multivitamins with iron, dancing down my street. Ha ha
Ron's goal is to return to work. I've got this picture in my head now of you two skipping down the road like you were on your way to school.