Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning y'all, I woke hypo but I'm ok, treated it and then had my bolus +.5u then have waited till I dropped back to 5 before eating my 'new' porridge which is jumbo oats at 56g carbs per 100g :p Sunday science of porridge.

@Robinredbreast sorry but am chuckling at the duvet change :) are you like me who ends up stood inside it fighting with it or one of those who can put the new duvet cover on with just a flick? :) Good music Motown too :)

I had my little uns night bumped to tonight so I'm going to start emptying mums house this morning (I'll dig all my early 80s Blondie posters out :p), the rabbits running round whilst his run dries and I've him to catch yet, which is always fun....
Hi @kev-w-w, Is there a formula for how many extra carbs, or less insulin used in the exercise expended in capturing the rabbit ?

Last edited:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning from Australia!! It is 11.24 am here in Adelaide. Where you you all? Overcast weather but clothing still drying on the line. Diabetes in trim (so far) and I am contemplating the mysteries of the universe that have allowed this to be.
I have found a brand of tempeh (fermented soyabean) which is refrigerated and thus is only 48 mg/100 g of sodium.
The unrefrigerated brands have salt content up in the 800mg/100 g.
Also per 100 g this refrigerated tempeh has 4.8 g carbs, 15 g protein, 4.3 g fat. So . bugs for the bowel, low salt (= < 120mg/100g) and decent level of protein methinks. The brand is NutriSoy.
Saying of the day: What you eat today, walks and talks tomorrow.
Happy day to you all !!

K

Knikki

17 minutes have now passed!!!!!!! Is the OH still residing in your humble abode??????
Jelly baby theft is the lowest of the lowest possible crimes.

:hilarious: Yes she is still here, I don't mind so much on the Jelly Babies however if it was the Jaffa Cakes then there would be trouble :mask:

A bag each?

Even on my vast over inflated salary :hilarious: I am not sure I could afford to keep both of us in Jelly Babies :)

Morning All :)

"Another day in the corps is like a day on the farm, evey meal a banquet, every pay check a fortune"

Yes Monday again anyone guess the movie? @Mel dCP I bet you'll get it before the end of the first bit :hilarious:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.
Going to war today with my conveyancing solicitor who appears useless at his job.
9 a.m is kick off time.
Estate agents are also in the firing line.
Calm, rational and forgiving are traits that haven’t served me well recently. Time for the beast inside to have his say.:mad::mad::mad:.

Forgive me if I have a pop at anyone on the forum during the course of the day.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, yesterday had a few hypos, one down to 3 before I caught it, swimming 1300m in 31 minutes at lunch didn't help but didn't hypo at the pool, and today I've woke at 11 :) I've removed 1u from the Tresiba as the 2 days before I saw a slope down through the night.

But anyway :) I had my little un and her friend sleep last night and they were up late keeping me awake with their music and giggles, I think I need a back garden tent for their next time.

Slow start and windows to clean when child goes back...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all.
Going to war today with my conveyancing solicitor who appears useless at his job.
9 a.m is kick off time.
Calm, rational and forgiving are traits that haven’t served me well recently. Time for the beast inside to have his say.:mad::mad::mad:.

Cathartic punchbags r us @therower, good luck!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Up and at the pool for my 7am swim training and found everyone stood outside!! They couldn’t get the cover off the pool. Grr!! So watering the in Bloom plants instead. Got 4000 steps in anyway.

Will the missed swim cause knock on effects with your blood sugars? It makes me grumpy if I've set up to swim and I arrive at the pool to find a session cancelled and I've carb loaded for it

K

Knikki

Morning all.
9 a.m is kick off time.

2ih2xxf.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
:hilarious: Yes she is still here, I don't mind so much on the Jelly Babies however if it was the Jaffa Cakes then there would be trouble :mask:

Even on my vast over inflated salary :hilarious: I am not sure I could afford to keep both of us in Jelly Babies :)

Morning All :)

"Another day in the corps is like a day on the farm, evey meal a banquet, every pay check a fortune"

Yes Monday again anyone guess the movie? @Mel dCP I bet you'll get it before the end of the first bit :hilarious:

Alien??

Good morning all....
Terrible last night. Asda sweet and sour chicken and rice for tea, decided to split dose (as per usual)....3 hours later hypo from hell. My other half got my blood test kit and prodded my finger and I wasnt aware of her doing it. Next thing I know, she is shovelling sugar in my mouth, she tried me with jelly babies and I spat them out. I think I had way too much sugar...went to bed on a very steady 8.....woke at 3.30 with a 23 ooops. Correction dose done. Awoke at 7 to a 11mmol. BUT I do know what I did wrong.....was supposed to have 8 units in 2 doses and I think I had 2 lots of 8 :(
Good news I am sitting on a 6.3 and level

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t carb load. Swim on my usual 10 carb breakfast. Usually have to inject after to calm the Adrenalin. The walking and watering has kept me steady and 4 hours later am at 6.5 after waking on a 7.8. A good start to another day of management.

K

Knikki

Alien??

Good morning all....
Terrible last night. Asda sweet and sour chicken and rice for tea, decided to split dose (as per usual)....3 hours later hypo from hell. My other half got my blood test kit and prodded my finger and I wasnt aware of her doing it. Next thing I know, she is shovelling sugar in my mouth, she tried me with jelly babies and I spat them out. I think I had way too much sugar...went to bed on a very steady 8.....woke at 3.30 with a 23 ooops. Correction dose done. Awoke at 7 to a 11mmol. BUT I do know what I did wrong.....was supposed to have 8 units in 2 doses and I think I had 2 lots of 8 :(
Good news I am sitting on a 6.3 and level

Almost the 2nd film Aliens :)

Gee bad hypo, yep been there done that, my OH always struggles when I get like can be a real battle to get me to eat anything.

Not to worry dude least you know what you did and your on the way to fixing it, bet it will be a bit of a roller coaster day.

Reactions: Cumberland

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Almost the 2nd film Aliens :)

Gee bad hypo, yep been there done that, my OH always struggles when I get like can be a real battle to get me to eat anything.

Not to worry dude least you know what you did and your on the way to fixing it, bet it will be a bit of a roller coaster day.

She said I am like a petulant 5 year old when I refuse to do as I am told when hypo. I hide my fingers and go VERY tight lipped lol. BUT she can now scan my arm....I am scanning very regular today expecting a roller coaster day. I hate when I know what an idiot I have been when recalling mistakes I have made when split bolusing

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Out of interest and just to those T1s who are using Tresiba, 1/ what time of day do you take it, and 2/ is this the same time you took your previous basal, and if you changed injection time, why?

Reactions: Cumberland

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Out of interest and just to those T1s who are using Tresiba, 1/ what time of day do you take it, and 2/ is this the same time you took your previous basal, and if you changed injection time, why?
I take mine around 10pm, the same time as I used to take my Lantus. And I am down to 14 units of Tresiba compared to 22 units of Lantus, that took my ages to get right