Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some really good numbers today, so in Young Mr Grace manner you've all done very well. @ally1 under 8 is just the start - fantatsic; @Moggely nice steady number. @jayney27 there is something reassuring about consistency; @geefull nothing more to be said by a mere mortal - hope your mum's BP is hunky dory; @GeoffersTaylor congratulations and don't downplay attributing your hard work to the progress. @Beanzy you seem to have this all sussed.
My fbg was 5.3 which is fine on its own just leaves too much room for doubt in my kinda mind.

Last edited:

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Does one have to test every morning?
Nope. We test to keep ourselves informed of what our body is doing.

If you're in predictable routine and your body is behaving predictably then there's no hard & fast rule that says you MUST test. I can be quite lackadaisical about morning tests because I know they're normally going to be OK, but I'm pinpricking many times on my bike rides because that's new and I don't yet understand what my body is doing and how it's fuelling itself.

Reactions: geefull and James13
M

Moggely

Nope. We test to keep ourselves informed of what our body is doing.

If you're in predictable routine and your body is behaving predictably then there's no hard & fast rule that says you MUST test. I can be quite lackadaisical about morning tests because I know they're normally going to be OK, but I'm pinpricking many times on my bike rides because that's new and I don't yet understand what my body is doing and how it's fuelling itself.
Is that profile pic the guy that plays the part of a doctor in JAWS? Thanks for the info.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 8.5 @ 7.20am don’t think I ever drop below 7 in a morning
Welcome @Chris forster. I will tag @daisy1 as you are new and she will greet you officially. I am certain with the wisdom and help on these message boards your levels will improve and you will make new friends.:) I look forward to reminding you of this message as you make progress.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 8.5 @ 7.20am don’t think I ever drop below 7 in a morning

we all began where you are now, in this forum you can learn to eat so that your levels most likely will be as low as most in here.. I myself am strugling with getting under 6 mmol in the mornings... but most can get back to normal blood glucose if they stay under 100-150 grams of carbs in total daily ...

here is a link to a lot of great low carb food recipes : https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes

some lose a lot of weight when they go down to 20 grams of carbs daily

Reactions: Beanzy