First Hba1c Since Diagnosis

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hello,

I was diagnosed with Type 2 on the 26th April with a HbA1c of 85.

Just had my result for my first 3 month blood test...

41!

I’m really happy with that. I want to say a big thanks to everyone on the forum, the advice and information has been invaluable. I feel loads better and I’ve lost weight too.

26th April - 174.1 kg (27 stone 4)
24th July - 157.1 kg (24 stone 7)

LCHF has really worked for me and added to 3 times a week in the gym and walking the dogs I feel loads better.

The MySugr app gave me an estimated HbA1c of 38. But I spent a week all inclusive in Bulgaria at the start of June and didn’t test whilst away (and ate pizza everyday) so I’m pretty happy with that.

The plan moving forward is to keep losing weight and experimenting with new meals. I’m hoping to cut back on testing so much to save some money. Mostly because I’m pretty familiar with what certain foods do to me now and I have been testing 7-9 times per day. Looking to cut back to 4/5 times on a normal day and after new meals I haven’t tried before.

It’s a good feeling when hard work pays off and I’ll be happy when I see my DN on 6th August. She originally wanted me on Metaformin and I refused. She told me last month that if my HbA1c was not below 48 I had to start meds.

Pizza on toast with a mash chaser to celebrate! Who’s with me?!?

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

41!

I’m really happy with that. I want to say a big thanks to everyone on the forum, the advice and information has been invaluable. I feel loads better and I’ve lost weight too.

LCHF has really worked for me and added to 3 times a week in the gym and walking the dogs I feel loads better.

The MySugr app gave me an estimated HbA1c of 38. But I spent a week all inclusive in Bulgaria at the start of June and didn’t test whilst away (and ate pizza everyday) so I’m pretty happy with that.

The plan moving forward is to keep losing weight and experimenting with new meals. I’m hoping to cut back on testing so much to save some money. Mostly because I’m pretty familiar with what certain foods do to me now and I have been testing 7-9 times per day. Looking to cut back to 4/5 times on a normal day and after new meals I haven’t tried before.

It’s a good feeling when hard work pays off and I’ll be happy when I see my DN on 6th August. She originally wanted me on Metaformin and I refused. She told me last month that if my HbA1c was not below 48 I had to start meds.

Fantastic, well done, it’s an amazing feeling isn’t it and well worth celebrating

Reactions: bigsi1984

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow @bigsi1984 youve done so well incredible improvement in such a short time frame it’s clearly working for you well done. Amazing too that you had some time out during the timeframe. Mysugr is great to help you see your progress keep going and let us know what your dn says astonishment comes to mind!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

41!

wow what an amazing result congratulations :):):):):)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

41!

Fantastic results @bigsi1984 I've got my MOT tomorrow so will save the pizza etc if you don't mind.;) Hope to get similar results my HbA1c was 82 30th April. I started LCHF, I had lost 3 stone up to a fortnight ago. Will post my results when they come through. Again well done fella.:singing::smug::happy:

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @bigsi1984 a quick update. I'm 2lb off 4 stone weight loss in less than 3 months (still have 6 day to go so will be 4 stone!) doing LCHF. Blood glucose down from 16.6 to 4.7 average over 30 days. Halved Metformin and Gliclazide every day and now off one of my blood pressure meds. I'm waiting for my HbA1c levels to come through, was 82 so expecting a decent result. That Pizza on toast with a mash chaser to celebrate is in the wings (chicken wings that is) LOL:):happy:

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi @bigsi1984 a quick update. I'm 2lb off 4 stone weight loss in less than 3 months (still have 6 day to go so will be 4 stone!) doing LCHF. Blood glucose down from 16.6 to 4.7 average over 30 days. Halved Metformin and Gliclazide every day and now off one of my blood pressure meds. I'm waiting for my HbA1c levels to come through, was 82 so expecting a decent result. That Pizza on toast with a mash chaser to celebrate is in the wings (chicken wings that is) LOL:):happy:

Well done. It’s a great feeling. Just got to keep going now! I’ll e back with another update on my levels in 3 months. Hope you get the result you want!

Reactions: Prem51

Ellenw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, spitting, dog poop on the pavement
Hello,

41!

Wow - amazing..Well done you and keep up the good work. My story is similar but I opted to go on the metformin (I researched and decided it wasn't the worst drug someone could take. ) But with my progress (HBA1C 70 to 43 and 1 1/2 stone weight loss) I suspect next 3 monthly test I will come off the metformin.. And like you this forum and the LCHF diet and program made all the difference...

:)