Gory Story...

gardengnome42

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes and dieting
I've just clicked on this thread and was highly amused at the idea of tasting the wee for sugar content. There is an old cottage near where I used to live in West Yorkshire with a receptacle built into the outside stonework for the local people to pour the contents of their gazunders into every day. The people who lived in the cottage were woollen weavers and the urine kept the wool soft - or so I was told!

Reactions: Brunneria

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh thank you for much needed out loud giggles. And yes people very squeamish these days (or publicly so at least). I’m totally fine with anything my body produces. Just don’t let me see or hear other people’s mucus. :grumpy:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This thread... :hilarious:

And I used to get my son to wee on my compost heap all the time...

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Looking back I ignored all the signs by saying I was 40 and this must be normal, it wasn't. I noticed that splashback dried as white specs on a dark suit. knowing what I know now it was obviously sugar, no I didn't BearGrills it and self test.

Well done on thinking about a simple test and acting on it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well, my BGs are an ongoing story as I pursue a very low carb diet plus exercise. So using neighbours widget I was nearly 24whatevers. Couldn’t check my BG during onion wee incident other than digitally...
Now I am round about 6-7 on waking. So decent improvement. On sr metformin 1000 od.
Not really bothered about the sterility tbh, life throws much worse at you than a bit of wee.
Urine good for growing rhubarb according to old wives...

I believe it has to be male urine though !

Brie912

A few weeks before I was diagnosed with T2 I had a stomach upset and noticed that my vomit smelt sweet. That was one of the first clues...

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe it has to be male urine though !
Interesting - and this reminded me of something I was told about dog urine - if you have a ***** (female dog in case this is censored!) don't let her wee on your lawn as her urine will cause the grass to brown & die. Dogs urine not so! And I've seen this from exoerience as I have two males who regularly water the lawn and I've only ever rarely seen a bit of brown on it in hot dry waether, so obviously male and female wee must contain different "ingredients" - hormones? So maybe women and and particularly girls ought not ever wee on our compost - thank goodness!
:)

Robbity

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My dad always went for a wee on his compost heap - I assumed it was just because it was easier than coming back down to the house, I feel a bit guilty now that I didn’t believe him when he said it was good for the compost.

Re dog wee, yes. Our dog was a girl and our lawn was covered in burned yellow patches. There must be a hormonal difference causing it I guess.