Do You Class Yourself As A) Reversed B) In Remission C) Controlled D) Other And Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t know anyone personally, it was something someone asked at my Diabetes education session. The nurse there said this. I suppose I shouldn’t believe everything the ‘professionals’ say!
That's good to know @DCUKMod as I presumed the same. I asked for an additional HBA1c in February after my December diagnosis, the plan was that it would be 6 months for the next one. Now I think about it I can ask for any test I like at any time if I am concerned about something. Thanks for the info.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I consider my diabetes controlled at low prediabetic-high normal levels by low carb. I've done this for nearly four and a half years now, currently for last 12 months by diet only. (GP and blood test resuts say well controlled too.)

I can control my glucose levels to a certain extent by my diet, but other issues beyond my control - such as stress, illness medications - can also upset my carefully managed diabetic apple cart. So for me diabetes is still there lurking in the background ready to raise it's ugly sugary head given the slightest cause to do so.

Robbity

Hi @Robbity thanks so much for for taking time to reply. You have done so well on your journey.

Have you seen my thread:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...f-word-together-maybe-the-way-forward.153817/

Just wondering if you would be interested in taking part in any way at all? Joining us in Birmingham, allowing me to tell your story or even just include you in our total weight loss figure which we are hoping will get to 100 stone. Or all 3!!! Thanks.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I class myself as well controlled, and have been for over 4 years.

However my GP a few months ago coded me as "diabetes resolved" without telling me or discussing it with me. I only know because it shows on Patient Access. Not only has he done this but he entered the date as June 2014 when I had my first HbA1c under 48. So it has been back dated. The important thing is that since then I have still had the full raft of blood tests (taken at 6 monthly intervals at the moment) and a retinal screening. So my coding hasn't altered anything. (yet)

What he didn't do was remove my diabetes status from my latest Q-Risk score. If he did that my risk would almost halve.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m not sure if I find these kind of threads mildly amusing or mildly offensive.

The ONLY thing that matters is maintaining BG levels as close to normal as possible, and exactly how you achieve that matters not one iota.

We should celebrate those who can, and offer support to those who may struggle.

It’s not a competition

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well controlled :)
Non diabetic numbers, but as long as getting them is a lot of work I'm still diabetic. And besides, I need insulin to get those nice numbers.
Ditto. Unless IBS playing up.

Reactions: Antje77

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I class myself as well controlled, and have been for over 4 years.

However my GP a few months ago coded me as "diabetes resolved" without telling me or discussing it with me. I only know because it shows on Patient Access. Not only has he done this but he entered the date as June 2014 when I had my first HbA1c under 48. So it has been back dated. The important thing is that since then I have still had the full raft of blood tests (taken at 6 monthly intervals at the moment) and a retinal screening. So my coding hasn't altered anything. (yet)

What he didn't do was remove my diabetes status from my latest Q-Risk score. If he did that my risk would almost halve.
There doesn't seem to be anything set in stone re classification as Dr deal in so many different ways. At least you are having all the annual tests still which is so important. Interesting that your Dr classed you as resolved once you got to under 48! Another mystery.

Just wondering if you have see the thread on the planned event on 1st Sept in Birmingham and if so would you like to join us at all. It would be amazing if you could.

Reactions: ickihun

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No matter our status. None of it comes easy. Our body fights us all the way. :(
I find mine a full-time job now. Hoping after bariatric surgery it will become alot easier. I live in hope.
That worked for my sister. Diabetes disappeared more or less over night. I hope it's a great success for you too.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m not sure if I find these kind of threads mildly amusing or mildly offensive.

The ONLY thing that matters is maintaining BG levels as close to normal as possible, and exactly how you achieve that matters not one iota.

We should celebrate those who can, and offer support to those who may struggle.

It’s not a competition

I don't mean to offend. I was just curious to how people see themselves. And also I'm helping to coordinate an event in Birmingham on 1st September. Trying to get as many fellow diabetics together who have reversed or put condition into remission/Have control using the lchf woe. I thought it would be interesting and that it might help me also.

If you did on the other hand find it mildly amusing I'm happy with that. I love to bring a smile to someone's face :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Debandez, I appreciate your enthousiasm about your other thread and activities, but I think you're derailing your own thread here by replying to almost every answer with 'Have you seen my thread?'

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez, I appreciate your enthousiasm about your other thread and activities, but I think you're derailing your own thread here by replying to almost every answer with 'Have you seen my thread?'
I realise that but I'm a desperate woman! Trying to get as many people at the event as physically possible so I'm coming at it from every angle. Obviously a lot if people on this thread fit the criteria for the event so it made sense to link up. I'm just trying to do my little bit to spread the lchf word.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I realise that but I'm a desperate woman! Trying to get as many people at the event as physically possible so I'm coming at it from every angle. Obviously a lot if people on this thread fit the criteria for the event so it made sense to link up. I'm just trying to do my little bit to spread the lchf word.
I get that, but if other people on this forum are a bit like me they tend to read back a bit on threads as well as forward, so they'll see your message like 10 times, making for a 'spammy' feeling. Besides, most of us are not anywhere near Birmingham, and many of us not even in the UK. I liked the original question in this thread, but now, instead of answers I get these 'advertisements' for something that doesn't apply to me (although I think I would be happy to look into it and perhaps join if it was anywhere near me), drowning the answers to your question.
It's your thread of course, so do as you like :) But maybe it's an idea to post this after every ten answers or so? That way everyone viewing the last page would see it, but we can still follow the thread.
And again, don't let me tell you what to do, it's your thread, please don't take offence!

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get that, but if other people on this forum are a bit like me they tend to read back a bit on threads as well as forward, so they'll see your message like 10 times, making for a 'spammy' feeling. Besides, most of us are not anywhere near Birmingham, and many of us not even in the UK. I liked the original question in this thread, but now, instead of answers I get these 'advertisements' for something that doesn't apply to me (although I think I would be happy to look into it and perhaps join if it was anywhere near me), drowning the answers to your question.
It's your thread of course, so do as you like :) But maybe it's an idea to post this after every ten answers or so? That way everyone viewing the last page would see it, but we can still follow the thread.
And again, don't let me tell you what to do, it's your thread, please don't take offence!
That's really helpful actually. I'm not very techy tbh. Lesson learned.Thanks o do appreciate your constructive critisism. Hate spam! I realise the forums members are not all in the UK. I just thought I would put it out there for anyone who might be interested and could make it. I have always had an interest in hba1c levels since being diagnosed. Also tried to reverse my condition. I now know it's a lifetime condition for me and wanted to know how it is for others. Constantly craving info on this. I have found peoples responses very interesting.

Debandez - If you wanted to make reference to your Birminham event in your OP, you could easily do that by editing it. You should have the facility to edit it for yourself.

To be clearl, I'm not encouraging you to do that, just reading your response to a comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
eGFR is the kidney's glomerular filtration rate. The 'e' means it is estimated from the creatinine level. The higher the number, the faster the kidneys can do their job. A rate of 60 in a male my size and age is stage 3 CKD. My GP doesn't believe it to be diabetes related as according to blood tests over many years including pre-diagnosis it has always been around this level. Importantly it is at least stable.

I was given a statin at the lowest possible dose when my cholesterol was at 6.0 but have since been taken off this and manage LDL by keeping saturated fats down to only 20g per day. I believe the statin gave it a kick start but I have been able to keep it down at least for now. It hasn't been easy as I've had to manage low carbs while at the same time keep saturated fats low. The problem then is getting the 11,000 kj I need to power the body without losing too much weight. I'm getting used to it now and it will soon be perfunctory. Anyway, we'll see what the A1c reveals on Friday.

Good luck for tomorrow Bud! Below are my levels, I’ve typed it all up and it all baffles me a bit. I have never taken any medication and don’t ever want to if I can help it. Thanks for the eGFR explanation , I didn’t understand that like i don’t understand Cholesterol levels!
IMG_1602.jpg

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
That worked for my sister. Diabetes disappeared more or less over night. I hope it's a great success for you too.
Your reply is a godsend. A bad day today, for me. Not so much diabetes wise but pain wise.
Thank you for your positive reply. :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your reply is a godsend. A bad day today, for me. Not so much diabetes wise but pain wise.
Thank you for your positive reply. :)
So glad it helped. She said she would have it done again in a heartbeat. Done about 8 years ago and still working well. No issues. Just has b12 injection every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.