lmc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to reduce my insulin and stay out of the heat or I go hypo. I worked in a building with air con which was knocked down and rebuilt. The architects assured us we would not need air con as building would be a lot cooler. Temperature sky high in new building. I was going hypo nearly every day and clients fainting. Portable air con was introduced due to the relief of all.

lmc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, this is an issue for me. Whilst also dealing with diabetic complications which again, cause more issues in the heat. I have never to this day, taken a day off of work for my diabetes and I sadly feel like a liability having to request a working from home day. Despite suggesting that the heat affects us all the same, unfortunately for me it doesn't seem to be the case and I am worried I will put myself in danger.
Never feel like a liability. It is not your fault. You did not ask for this disease. I would tell your manager the problems it is causing you. See what they suggest and offer your own suggestion of working from home temporarily. It might speed them up getting you a fan at least. With reasonable adjustments at work, they could definitely get you a fan.
Yes, this is an issue for me. Whilst also dealing with diabetic complications which again, cause more issues in the heat. I have never to this day, taken a day off of work for my diabetes and I sadly feel like a liability having to request a working from home day. Despite suggesting that the heat affects us all the same, unfortunately for me it doesn't seem to be the case and I am worried I will put myself in danger.
I was questioning whether it was a good idea to invest in a fan as sadly our office only have a small number and they are all in use! Thanks for suggesting me one :)
I don't know how big your organisation is but they might want it testing electrically. A lot do nowadays.

Last edited: