Consipation On Low Carb Diet - How Do You Deal With It?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Not a problem after the initial big change to LCHF. Back then I found black, decaff coffee set things in motion. Pun intended.

Reactions: hankjam

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Some people do better on lower fibre for constipation.. metformin has been known to help!!!

Please, please bear in mind that everyone is different... if adding in more fibre doesn’t help then please look at eating low fibre foods.
There are a number of books with great deal of knowledge around constipation ... again there are different degrees of this problem. I get to the point of needing hospitalisation if I get impacted so the only way for me to deal with this is in low fibre foods.. no green vegetables (except broccoli), this includes all green beans, all lettuce, all leafy products like spinach, cabbage etc. Nothing with skins on like peaches, apples..5 years without meat.. just trying to reintroduce some.

Please be aware that everyone is different and there has been a lot of constipation details written that say low fibre....

JeremySE18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Eggs are common staple for low carbers, and also a well known "binding agent", try cutting down a bit on them if you do have a lot in your particular diet.