Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.2 for me so in most people's range. @DJC3 wow you have arrived! @Goonergal back on form and @ally1 still in the 8s. @Beanzy even onion rings can't dent your control - if your posting name stems from a food liking and you consumed said rings sound effects will be a joy to behold:angelic:

More to do with 1/2 bottle shiraz consumed last night than any great effort on my part!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Had a productive day working on an up and coming event. Details here for info:

DIABETES.CO.UK MEETING/EVENT DATE - SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER (exact times to be confirmed)

PLACE – BIRMINGHAM (venue to be announced in the next few days)

I'm currently working on putting together a Low Carb High Fat event. It's open to anyone especially those interested in learning more about Diabetes and about the LCHF way of eating. I haven’t organised such an event before so it is a bit of a learning curve. MASSIVE THANKS TO THOSE WHO ARE HELPING ANY WHICH WAY, really could not do it without you. An amazing team effort. Any ideas much appreciated no matter how big or small.

It is coming together quite quickly from just having the idea about 2 weeks ago to having a date set in stone (Saturday 1st September). It is a date that works well for the Diabetes.co.uk team so that they can get all the relevant people there. THEY ARE INVITING LOW CARBERS THEMSELVES SO THATS GREAT. THE MORE THE MERRIER. It's not too far away so it's full steam ahead for planning. Lots of us chat andlearn so much from the forum and read the inspirational stories, but I thought itwould be really nice for as many of us as possible to have an actual get together. I have had lots of feedback from people who would like to attend which isabsolutely amazing. Exciting times.

DIABETES.CO.UKare supporting usmassively by sorting a venue, providing food and generally helping with putting the event together. it's a wonderfulopportunity for us to meet fellow members face to face, for veterans and experienced members to share their heaps of knowledge and for newcomers to perhaps learn more about their condition and how to deal with it to avoid future complications. Peoples' journeys will be there for you to read, weight loss successes, information on how to reduce HBA1c levels, info on different ways to incorporate fasting into your journey should you so wish to and the different methods of doing that, ways toincorporate exercise, from armchair to high impact. Info on cholestrol.

We are hoping to have a section ofpeople's recipes including breakfast ideas and cakes if you don't mind sharing these I am gathering your own personal recipes (not from a book or online blogger). Each recipe needs to have a title, for example 'looks horrendous but tastes divine' or 'my ultimate dessert'. There will be low carb food and drink information and much much more.

Lunch will be provided (low carb of course) PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU CAN ATTEND. If you need any help in planning journeys please let me know as I might be able to help.

There will be a before and after photossection I NEED LOTS OF BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS FOLKS!!! and I'm looking for anyone who has lost weight with theLCHF woe to please contact me if they don't mind me using their photos at the event. I also need their weight loss details and HBA1c before and after. I have some kind volunteers already by many more needed. We would like to reach the '100 STONE LOST' mark. Would make a fantastic headline.It's just great to see and share the motivational results too.

The DIABETES.CO.UK photographer and PR team will be there to take a photo of our success (but you only need to get in front of the camera shot should you so wish and if you do.... bring your old big clothes!!!). WE THOUGHT OF HAVING AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE IN THE ONE PHOTO – MAXIMUM IMPACT SHOWING HOW THE LCHF HAS HELPED US LOSE WEIGHT AND OUR HBA1c LEVELS. We are the people with this condition and as ambassadors there is no better way of getting the message out. Showing people there is another way that might not have to involve medication. That might mean the disease does not need to be progressive as we are led to believe. A healthier way of dealing with it. It's a great opportunity to show the world how eating LCHF can reverse/put intoremission/control this beast and help us regain good health.

This will hopefully be the first of many meetings between us and we can go from strength to strength as a group with the help and support from DIABETES.CO.UKwithout which it would not be possible.

Please contact me for further information, if you have any questions/ideas or to confirm whether or not you might be able to attend. Many thanks.