Veggie Lasagne

becki

hi all,

The family are up visiting this coming weekend and we are off out for a meal, Think it will be a brewers fayre and fancy the veggie lasagne but was wondering if anyone knows how many carbs would be in this?

I have looked on there site and it seems that there are only a few meals in the nutritional info section :?

becki

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you look at similar dishes the tomato and roast veg pasta has 101g carb and the beef lasagna has 69 so it is probably somewhere between the 2 ... depending on the veg it might very well be nearer the 100g.
( If you eat fish then there is a salmon at 50 but the only other veggie dishes have over 100g of carb in them. )

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why dont you eat all the veg out of the lasagne and leave most of the pasta and ask for more side salad or veg with it I find most placesare happy to help in this way,Enjoy your meal.
CAROL

Vikki2

Hi
We have a fab book which we take everywhere with us:
'Carbs & Cals. A visual guide to Carbohydrate Counting & Calorie Counting for people with Diabetes' by Chris Cheyette & Yello Balolia
We would be lost without it! It's VERY visual and when you are out you can make a pretty accurate guess at carbs by looking at the pictures and then in the house I use this book and the scales. I have to say though that I have had a look through it and unfortunately veggie lasagna isn't in there but I can honestly say that I have never (until now!) not been able to find what I was looking for. There is a meat lasagna and other pasta in there.
Good luck!
x

becki

hi

I have the iphone app for cals and carbs, it is fab, veggie lasagne seems to be something that is no where to be found but one thing i really enjoy! (and for my sins I enjoy all of it pasta and all, used to virtually live on pasta pre diabetes so its my treat)

not sure if the book has more in than the app.

Thanks x

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Bit late now......only recently had a reply to an E-mail to Customer Services at Brewers Fayre......

The Carbs for Vegetable Lasagne are 54.2 and sugars 10.9.

If you have garlic bread add 30 and 1.5, chips 61.4 and 1.6 and mixed salad 4.6 and 2.7.
All these values are given per portion as it is served.

Hope this information is of help

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
I have a little pocket size book called "the Collins gem Carb Counter" Which costs literally only a few pence and can be bought on line. It gives the carbs, fibre, calories, protein and fat for hundreds of food items plus some takeaways etc. It has been invaluable to me as I have been doing a calorie counting diet to lose weight and I can keep an eye on the carbs as well.