Pre Op Tuesday Sugars Hi ... Help

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi smigger, if you could elaborate a little we may be able to help. For instance what are you eating and what medication are you on? What are your blood sugar levels running at? If this is a pre op visit, when is your operation scheduled for? With help you may be able to reduce your levels by the time your operation is due.

Reactions: dbr10

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Hi smigger, if you could elaborate a little we may be able to help. For instance what are you eating and what medication are you on? What are your blood sugar levels running at? If this is a pre op visit, when is your operation scheduled for? With help you may be able to reduce your levels by the time your operation is due.
Metformin good and himulin ..I was av 10 some reason I'm now 12ish op on Friday quadruple by-pass

Reactions: dbr10

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Metformin good and himulin ..I was av 10 some reason I'm now 12ish op on Friday quadruple by-pass
11 first thing this morning 10 last night before bed...I had 3 weetabix and blueberry for breakfast

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Weetabix (3) blueberrys.....
Ham salad..
Green veg pork loin chop .. gravy (instant)
Before bed I was 10

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, you know about the Weetabix now. Ham is ok as long as it is not breaded or honey roast.

You need to check the ingredients on the gravy mix.

I had to give up tea, I can't stand milk substitutes. I take double cream in coffee.

Reactions: dbr10 and smigger62

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Ok, you know about the Weetabix now. Ham is ok as long as it is not breaded or honey roast.

You need to check the ingredients on the gravy mix.

I had to give up tea, I can't stand milk substitutes. I take double cream in coffee.
So what shall I eat for breakfast

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So what shall I eat for breakfast
Thank you for the info about your food. 3 x Weetabix is equivalent to the total carbs eaten in a day by some low carbers here. I eat low carb ‘porridge’ not real porridge not a grain in sight! It’s from the Diet Dre Website here:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge Or something simpler to prepare, Greek yoghurt and berries. Or something savoury perhaps the low carb elements of a full English, that is eggs, bacon, high meat content sausage, mushrooms and a small tomato.
I hope your surgery can go ahead and you have a swift recovery.

Reactions: smigger62