What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 starts my week. Higher than usual. A reflection of Sunday lunch out which included a rather large roasted parsnip that took up most of my plate (I sadly succumbed to the biggest I could see) and a roast potato. And more red wine than is helpful to my reading!!! Happy Monday folks.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone bit of a sad night as my brother was moving to England last night anyway my BG this morning is 4.6 I have no idea why but I’ve woke up with a headache this morning anyway enjoy your day everyone

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 from me. Happy withat but thought it’d be higher as I had trouble sleeping last night and got up around 1am and had a decaf coffee and 2or 3 teasp almond butter (straight out of the jar). Could have been worse, I was eyeing my husband’s ‘secret’ biscuit store!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who about now their lawns.

A gentle 7.0 for me this morning, I had a really nice roast wif all the trimmings and more mid yesterday afternoon, surprising how meal times upset blood sugars, much good fun.

Well folks have a good day, keep your heads down when the evil Monday beast is looking your way.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

much cooler overnight (12'C) with some rain and a breeze so it was a bit easier to get to sleep.

The homemade blackcurrant ice cream which we had for lunch yesterday worked out well ;) 2/3 cup fruit puree, 1 cup full fat greek yoghurt, 1 cup double cream, 1/2 cup almond milk, sweetener to taste (I used erythritol), also I added 1drop of lemon essence and 2 drops vanilla, just because :) - made about 10 moderate portions, around 100 calories and 5g carb each as far as I can calculate.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today not good for anyone attempting to approach me. Hopefully there are some roots/logs to split to diffuse my unfocused aggression.
Edit: Surveyed garden and logs and roots found along with 2 axes as this is unlikely to be subtle or careful but it usually works - just expensive on tools

Last edited:

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.6 this am. Nice morning here at 15 degC and dry.
Home gym today and treadmill if I am able for it. Recently bought a heart rate chest strap ( polar ) which works with my treadmill. It is intresting and a bit unnerving to see how high it climbs at 6mph. Still figuring out what would be a healty/safe training heart rate.
Have a good Monday everyone.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In addition to my 5.1 (which I’m happy with) it is weekly weigh in day.
This week I have lost zero weight. No gain no loss.
I’m ok with this. I still have a bit to lose but in the last week I’ve been focusing on upping the exercise regime a bit.
The plan is still working so happy enough.
Later this week I have the delight of DESMOND to look forward to.
Rhubarb I've done the DESMOND course...there I've said it...and that's enough said about that unfortunate experience...I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it...unfortunately I can't publish mine here...I'm likely to find myself in hot water if I did.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had such a bad sleep last night...in fact not sure if I got any meaningful sleep at all...wide awake several times...got up today feeling wrecked...woke to a 6.7 not surprising... thankfully numbers coming down already...at least it's cool...so breakfast...followed by a quick walk...hoping for a better night sleep tonight...and certainly better numbers tomorrow

Reactions: Prem51

ding79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a great idea, I am trying to figure if I can attend or not, will let you know on the other thread. But great credit for taking the initiative.
Great idea. Sasly i can't make that date but would love to be involved in any repeat!

Reactions: Prem51

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all 5.6 for me this morning:) Been slightly higher since stopping Gliclazade but happy with the numbers.:smug: Have a good day everyone.:happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
41 mins log splitting done. First time I have worn a heart rate monitor whilst doing that job - very informative:woot: Numbers may not be accurate but it is the same one I use for tracking all other exercise. I may have had the wrong reasons for doing it but I liked the results and we have firewood for a cold night as a by product. Hope it has a good effect on bg but endorphins have worked.:):):)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rhubarb I've done the DESMOND course...there I've said it...and that's enough said about that unfortunate experience...I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it...unfortunately I can't publish mine here...I'm likely to find myself in hot water if I did.

I second your unprintable thoughts.