Do You Prefer Androids, Basic Or Iphones?

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just random, what phone do you prefer to use?

Derbyshire Boy

I much prefer Android these days. Until late last year, I had what I thought at the time was a really good Nokia/Microsoft Windows-based phone.

Big mistake. I'd only had it less than a year when the b****y thing died on me. Never again. I notice that even Nokia/Microsoft no longer produce Windows phones, preferring to use Android instead.
:shifty:

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
iPhone all the way here. Apple trapped me and I now have my iPod, iPad, phone and Mac linked up together. I’m a graphic designer so Apple are made for me (although I use PC at work and have one at home too).

D

Deleted member 308541

@22nw22 Guess.

YnZx06K.png

steamwolf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had a Samsung Android phone once. I got tired of taking the battery out every two or three days to reboot the thing when it froze completely, usually when using the satnav app in the middle of a city.
Prior to that I had an iPhone, which never failed in any way.
Subsequent to the Samsung, I have had three iPhones, none of which ever gave a moment of trouble. My only gripe is that the latest iPhone is ridiculously expensive, so I am keeping this one for a few extra years after the contract ends.
Same with my PC. After years of Windows machines and endless blue screen shut downs, I bit the bullet and went iMac.
30 seconds to boot, and not one fail in 5 years, plus free operating system upgrades!

Addyb

I had iphones all the way to IP4 and then got tired of iOS and the walled nature of it all. Android all the way since then. I change my phone quite a lot (twice a year) had the Nokia 8 and currently the samsung s9 this year.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love androids. We got our first one about 10 years ago to help with general cleaning and cooking.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would love an iPhone but can't afford one, or a MacBook. I have an Android phone that syncs with my Chromebook and now with my new Nook Android. They sync with each other -- creeps me out sometimes when I start to do a Google search on one device and find a list of previous searches from one of the other devices.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I have a cheap contract android phone G3. Works ok. Just £8 a month. I recently uninstalled Google Chrome and put on internet explorer BRAVE. Also using DuckDuckGo for search. Phone has speeded up a lot

margarett89

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I used iphne for about 3 years. In March I changed my phone for android. I was afraid of this, but I do not feel any difference :) a matter of habit

Silkroad77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been android and like it very much, and wouldn't think of changing to another OS.
Also-to a certain extent you have more options to customise Android and more options to install 3rd party apps.
For me customisation is important.
Also recently there has been a lot of criticisms of Apple products-even if you google Apple vs Android, so I don't see any reason of changing to Apple.
BTW I'm not criticising any Apple users here-just saying that I prefer Android.