Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers y'all, feeling better feeling better now. showered shaved and bedding in the washer, I do hate those sleeping sweats :banghead: and those cold clammy after affects where you sit shivering afterwards :banghead: but anyway....

Windows to clean in a bit, got my eldest coming over shortly so that's a good excuse to hang on, 5.7 sloping up and another lost morning in T1 land....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Son has just left and he bought a beautiful bouquet of flowers and the Peter Rabbit dvd, as he knows I like animal films lol ( also Cleo can watch it with me in about 2 years time) :happy:

Reactions: kev-w and Molly56

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all, sorry to read of your hypo, @kev-w - never a great start to the day :(

I went to bed at 6.1 and it looks like my idiot body decided to wait until I’d gone to sleep and went up into the 8s where it sat all night. Just trying to bring it down but the NovoSluggish doesn’t appear to be doing a great deal... :banghead:

Resisting the urge to rage bolus and end up hypo...:wacky:

@Robinredbreast - hope it goes well at the job centre xxx

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sunny day and I'm stuck indoors with madam BG who is anything but consistent. Woke with 3.5, munched like a maniac on fruit pastilles, my fault it's gone through the roof.

Reactions: kev-w

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done folks we mainly seem to be having low or good BG this morning. I will keep the trend going, had a 3.2 around 5.30. handful of jelly beans rolled over back to sleep and woke up with a 6.4. Yogurt and fruit and its been steady most of morning at around 7.5, which is unusual as I normally spike quite a bit

Bowl of muesli for lunch which normally causes big spikes, maybe going as high as 12.5 before dropping back to 5.5 at dinnertime. need to speak to DSN about this methinks

K

Knikki

Sunny day and I'm stuck indoors with madam BG who is anything but consistent. Woke with 3.5, munched like a maniac on fruit pastilles, my fault it's gone through the roof.

Not much consilation but I couldn't think of a better way to go through the roof than fruit pastilles :D

Hope you manage to sort things out soon :D

K

Knikki

Just trying to bring it down but the NovoSluggish doesn’t appear to be doing a great deal... :banghead:

I find that sometimes, for me it, seems that between 6 and roughly 11 Nova seems to work :cat: however higher than that and it seems to have no or little effect :dead:. So if its like 12 and upwards, it just does naff all. Finally reach a point where I want the BSL down so dump a load in :eek: and hey presto works but back to munching jelly babies, chocolate, jaffa cakes in fact anything I can find or has not escaped the traps. :bag:

K

Knikki

@helensaramay Did the old Google shuffle and found this

Abbott – FreeStyle Libre

Does this sensor require any special handling at the airport?

Abbott recommend that you notify security personnel when going through airport security screening. You can go through X-ray machines while wearing a sensor. We recommend that readers be powered off during a flight and not used for scanning a sensor. However, the strip port on the reader can be used to take blood glucose or ketone readings during flight. Turning on the reader with the Home Button will activate the radio. You must turn on the reader by inserting a test strip so as to not activate the radio.

It was on this site https://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk/airports/

HTH :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I don't think there should be any problem with the Libre but can someone remind me?
After reading a fair few posts about it, I am sure you can go thru all the scans/xray machines with it on

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I've done this quite a few times so most of it is just business as usual.
However, I activated a Libre yesterday and realised I've never been through the airport with one. I have done pumps many times and have the "the manufacturer says it can't go through there and I don't want to risk my life to check if they are right" spiel (said with a smile) off pat.
I don't think there should be any problem with the Libre but can someone remind me?

I've been through LGW airport security several times with a sensor on - frankly it never occurred to me that I shouldn't - never had any problems and have scanned on-board without any issues.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.8 after peaking at around 10mmols, some work done but slowly as my balance wasn't quite right :) dilemma now is exercise as I'd promised myself a swim before the gym, and now I'm thinking gym and then see, which may end with up swimming sacked off and me sulking, if I've a handle on how the Tresiba works eating a banana pre swim will suffice but am a bit hesitant pushing.

Coffee and make my mind up time.

On a happier note I scored a £5 piece of smoked haddock for £2.25 at the shop :) and bought some fresh 'Rana' pasta @ 70g carbs the pack to go with it, with broccoli, spinach, shallots and half a carrot :p

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had an appointment at the diabetes clinic. Hba1c is down to 46 from 131. I was diagnosed 4 months ago.

I left feeling confused as she said it was too low. I thought the goal was to get it as close to non diabetic range as possible? Anyone else had this?

It's assumed that one must hypo frequently to have a low HBa1C, if you're not hypoing frequently don't worry about it as it's a good score.

Just my opinion mind :)

paulchew1988

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@paulchew1988 - what Kev said. I had a right earful for my 43, they just assume you’re having loads of hypos.

Ok thanks, they confuse me so much. 'Your results are too low but you have room for tighter control'.

They also said they will put me on a trial for a libre. Is it worth it or would I just end up becoming consumed by numbers. You know as I'm apparently doing too well at being diabetic lol.