Cbd Oil With Type 1 Diabetes.

kprt0913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

I have type 1 diabetes since i was 10 years old (i am now 33), i am on insulin pump, my blood sugars are all over the place, i have done a lot of research but i am just wondering if anyone can give their findings on using CBD Oil please, (i am totally aware that it isnt a quick fix)
i.e. Does it help stabilises blood levels?
How long before any changecstart to happen?
Any other info from personal experience?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Geoffno6

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
In the search bar - top right of your screen -type in CDB* as a search term. Make sure to use the asterisk or the search function rejects the search term as 'too short'.

You will find a good few posts on the subject of CBD oil.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Apart from pain and maybe some neurological symptoms, I didn't think CBD had any properties that would stabilise BG....

If you're on a pump then it is probably a good idea you do a full analysis of your doses....starting with the basal...

kprt0913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
In the search bar - top right of your screen -type in CDB* as a search term. Make sure to use the asterisk or the search function rejects the search term as 'too short'.

You will find a good few posts on the subject of CBD oil.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Thank you.

jrussell88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Assuming you've followed all the usual steps to manage your BG, it might be worth checking whether you're sensitive to certain classes of food, or environmental factors.

In my case it was histamines, similar to hay fever but present in food.

jones_48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi

I have type 1 diabetes since i was 10 years old (i am now 33), i am on insulin pump, my blood sugars are all over the place, i have done a lot of research but i am just wondering if anyone can give their findings on using CBD Oil please, (i am totally aware that it isnt a quick fix)

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I was diagnosed at 11 (now 27). Before starting on a pump my sugars were all over the place, but I’ve managed to control things now. My only advice is to avoid ‘sweeteners’ unless it’s natural like Stevia. The sweeteners increase your blood sugar level but in an unpredictable way and make the most of the dual wave bolus!

I’m about to buy CBD oil in the hope it’ll help my joint pains.

Good luck :)

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Hiya,
I have tried very good, expensive 20% CBD oil and it had no effect on sugar levels and also for the nerve pain.
Hope you're getting everything under control. All the best!

Sharoom

Hi

Thank you in advance.
I take the oil and it Definately lowers my sugar count and helps me have a better nights sleep.

geroleary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sharon just wondering have you tried CBd oil yet and how are you getting on. My daughter is 14 and type 1 and all the research seems to be concerned with type 2 only. Thanks

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I've just joined the forum and its not letting me search CDB*, it says no topics found. Any other suggestions?
Possibly if you did search cdb there would be none. Assume you are looking for CBD?