Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today. Haven’t posted for a week. Husband had been airlifted from St Kilda whilst kayaking with a group of other kayakers. Had sepsis and possible MI. Was at the Western Hospital in Stornoway in HDU. Was allowed home yesterday on a wheelbarrow load of medications and further tests to follow.
Thinking of you. Hope everything resolves itself OK and that your hubby recovers quickly

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today reflecting the trip to the cinema last night. No not popcorn. An extremely long wait for food at Frankie and bennies pre film, I ordered a lovely bacon chicken and adacado salad - no starter. As I was quite hungry (this is unusual) I ate 2 x mozzarella sticks that were going spare from friends! They were breaded. So maybe this has me in the 6s. Or maybe the side of coleslaw. Still I'm happy with 6.0. We had a great night. Mamma Mia here we go again was such a lovely film. If you haven't seen it yet and plan to take tissues!!!

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
I have a question for other insulin users. I inject with Lantus SoloStar before I go to bed. It clearly states that pens in use should NOT be put back in fridge. However, is there a chance of the quality of the insulin deteriorating when kept at room temperature, which can reach high 20s just now. My outside (shade) temp was 36C today. Thankfully we’ve had a brief thunderstorm with rain this evening. First in a looong time.