What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That post made me smile and also laugh out loud. Luckily I'm not in the middle of a long queue at the checkout in a mega supermarket! I'm at home working on the Birmingham event:) I've popped your mum on my inspirational stories document! Do you think she would mind sharing @shelley262 what a great achievement. It just shows it's never too late to try LCHF. It's already made a big difference to her (and your pocket by the sounds of things;)). And a bonus. Her kidney function is stable. I'm a massive fan of this 'diet' too. I'm so happy as some of my friends are trying it and not all diabetic.One diabetic friend told me yesterday he has lost over half a stone on it after reading the gazette article. Could never lose one pound on the existing advice given to him! He hasnt had a recent hba1c test but my guess is its come down. Love a success story.
Will check photos and details and see what I can do. She’s lower carb though rather than low carb although eats small meals now so this has probably lowered carbs too. Will be interesting to see how she is at end of two weeks with us eating mainly low carb - maybe she’ll agree to a weigh in at end of the visit!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all lovely one here and about to go and water garden After coffee. More of a pottering day today with mum - enjoyed it.
Breakfast one boiled egg and slice of buttered lc bread
Lunch lc seeded crispbreads with chicken liver pate followed by warm lc lemon drizzle cake ( straight from oven) with fage yoghurt
Dinner trout on bed of asparagus drizzled with lemon butter followed by scoop of oppo chocolate and hazelnut ice cream and double cream
Day and lunch out tomorrow with mum should be fun we are going to Bridgnorth so planning to revisit the amazing fresh fish shop and cafe there. I love good quality fish such a luxury who needs stodgy carbs!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, lovely day here weather wise, very busy day booking training sessions for over 60 staff!
B 3 salami crisps, cream cheese and my smoothie with added chia seeds and 2 strawberries
Coffee with cream
L lo dough wrap filled with mayo, roast beef, lettuce, gherkin, tomato
Snack half a PhD smart bar
Coffee with cream
D spice tailor curry sauce with chicken and mushrooms, cauliflower rice

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening. A warm day here which started (after seeing to chickens and dogs) with Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo, involved games of golf with walking sticks, dog bones for markers and stops to eat raspberries, blackberries and tomatoes. Now on to Pokemon - no not me, grandson! Menu below:

Breakfast+Mid morning snack: Unusually, pints and pints of tea with h/m almond milk
Lunch : Waitrose Latte then exotic mango diet coke
Afternoon snack: 2 pints Tea with almond milk
Evening meal: IP Ribs and salad; H/m High fibre bar with extra thick double cream ( I was very hungry as this was about 27 hrs but don't like 2 courses - lesson learned)
IP ribs were tender and if sous vide tragically broke they would do:angelic:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.5 FBG 5.1. It's been pouring here much of today but it is much needed rain. Hope to see some green returning to the grass. Got back to Aqua too. The rest seems to have sorted my right arm out - no longer sore.
Very busy day tomorrow. Drop boys at holiday club, tidy up, Aqua Zumba, must be back by 12 noon - hairdresser coming for badly needed haircut then have to be at eye pavilion for 3pm and goodness knows how long I'll be stuck there. Feed the boys tomorrow too after holiday club.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L lo dough pizza with tomato, ham, 2 sliced mushrooms, mozzarella and oregano. Also ate the last 3 strips of the sesame chicken tenders. Still good cold.
D. Tesco's Prawn Cocktail with 1/2 avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, 3 Walnuts.
Scoop of Halo Top toasted coconut.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: tuna mayo with cauliflower, broccoli and mushroom salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: chocolate phd bar and a black coffee.
Dinner: chicken chasseur with mixed veg and small portion of carrot and swede mash followed by SF raspberry jelly, 3 raspberries, cream and a spoonful of LC chocolate granola.

gettingamoveon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Nothing
Morning: Two cups of black coffee.
Lunch (1400): Ranch salad - chicken, bacon, avocado, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, sweetcorn, mayo.
Dinner (1800): Diced chicken breasts rubbed with Chinese five spice, rolled in white sesame, and fried with garlic, chilli, coriander, and rice wine. Insalata Caprese (Mozzarella di bufala, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper olive oil). Some pecans and walnuts. 30g Italian salami.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all lovely one here and about to go and water garden After coffee. More of a pottering day today with mum - enjoyed it.
Breakfast one boiled egg and slice of buttered lc bread
Lunch lc seeded crispbreads with chicken liver pate followed by warm lc lemon drizzle cake ( straight from oven) with fage yoghurt
Dinner trout on bed of asparagus drizzled with lemon butter followed by scoop of oppo chocolate and hazelnut ice cream and double cream
Day and lunch out tomorrow with mum should be fun we are going to Bridgnorth so planning to revisit the amazing fresh fish shop and cafe there. I love good quality fish such a luxury who needs stodgy carbs!

If your weather is to be ike ours tomorrow, it could be an idea to take a cook bag for fish. I'm rather manic about having fresh food in the car for any time, so my cool bag and ice blocks seem to almost go everywhere with me at the moment.

Edit: Confounded sticky keyboard. Too many letters in the mix!

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Lunch was one meaty pork rib. Sooo filling.
Supper was a trial run of Warcraft Herb Baked Eggs (with bacon).
Another winner! I didn’t even know that ‘herb baked eggs’ were a thing, but there are many different recipes out there. This one is butter, cream, parmesan, thyme, rosemary and parsley.

Lots of herbs left (understatement! I used about a teaspoonful) so i will chop them all and freeze them in portions ready for an eggy moment. Actually i may mix in parmesan so that is ready too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Some lovely menus here the last couple of days. I’m glad your mum seems to be doing well on a lowish carb diet @shelley262

@jayney27 it seems I am in the minority: your neighbours and the whole cinema yesterday seemed to love Mama Mia - I couldn’t believe I’d wasted 2hrs of my life watching it! I thought it was terrible. Good thing we aren’t all the same.

B: Scrambled egg and feta ( actually a poorly executed omelette) with avocado. Coffee and cream

L: stopped at services on my way to Cornwall and had a Costa americano with cream. I bought some Brazil nuts with me so ate them too.

Mid aft. More coffee ( decaf) and 1/2 bar fancy organic 100% chocolate daughter no 3 had left as a welcome on the kitchen table for me. ( she was at work) Bless her!

D: went to see daughter no 1 (and granddaughters) she’d been working late so I picked up food en route. Smoked mackerel fillets and salad with walnuts and avocado. She made roast broccoli with it, which was lovely.
Far too much wine while catching up with eachother’s news after the girls were in bed.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Some lovely menus here the last couple of days. I’m glad your mum seems to be doing well on a lowish carb diet @shelley262

@jayney27 it seems I am in the minority: your neighbours and the whole cinema yesterday seemed to love Mama Mia - I couldn’t believe I’d wasted 2hrs of my life watching it! I thought it was terrible. Good thing we aren’t all the same.

B: Scrambled egg and feta ( actually a poorly executed omelette) with avocado. Coffee and cream

L: stopped at services on my way to Cornwall and had a Costa americano with cream. I bought some Brazil nuts with me so ate them too.

Mid aft. More coffee ( decaf) and 1/2 bar fancy organic 100% chocolate daughter no 3 had left as a welcome on the kitchen table for me. ( she was at work) Bless her!

D: went to see daughter no 1 (and granddaughters) she’d been working late so I picked up food en route. Smoked mackerel fillets and salad with walnuts and avocado. She made roast broccoli with it, which was lovely.
Far too much wine while catching up with eachother’s news after the girls were in bed.
My idea of hell too, I watched the first mama Mia quite a while after all the hype and thought it was very cringe worthy so won’t be in any hurry to watch this one.
Hope you have a lovely time visiting your girls and the lovely Cornwall, I shall be there for the weekend at the end of this month.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My idea of hell too, I watched the first mama Mia quite a while after all the hype and thought it was very cringe worthy so won’t be in any hurry to watch this one.
Hope you have a lovely time visiting your girls and the lovely Cornwall, I shall be there for the weekend at the end of this month.

So glad it’s not just me!
I’ll still be here at the end of the month - wave as you go through.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So glad it’s not just me!
I’ll still be here at the end of the month - wave as you go through.
How lucky to be there for a whole month, hope you have a wonderful time. I will give you a whoop as I arrive :)

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Very long (11 hours +) and intense day working from home yesterday so headed out for a relaxing and therapeutic long walk after dinner so no forum time last night.

@jayney27 thanks for the smoothie update. It’s on my list for the weekend along with @maglil55 s sesame chicken.

Yesterday was a quick and easy day for food (mine usually are).

Breakfast - none

Lunch - smoked salmon and the nice M&S whipped cream cheese followed by 30g almonds and 1 Ghirardelli 92% chocolate square

Dinner - chicken leg followed by lazy dessert of extra thick Jersey cream mixed with almond butter and 3 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

marvkat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Didn't get on last night either so yesterdays menu was
B: None
L: Roast chicken, mixed leaves, handful of roasted salted almonds
Mid-afternoon: couple of chunks of cheese
D: Chicken and chorizo cauli fried rice with a sprinkle of parmesan, 2 squares green and blacks salted caramel dark choc (7g carbs for 2 squares but well worth it IMO!)

M

Moggely

I'm back to square one. To scared to eat anything. After 5 months you would think I would be use to it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm back to square one. To scared to eat anything. After 5 months you would think I would be use to it.
@Moggely What's the cause of the worry? - I'm sure people on either this thread or elsewhere on this site can help. A problem shared and all that

M

Moggely

@Moggely What's the cause of the worry? - I'm sure people on either this thread or elsewhere on this site can help. A problem shared and all that
oh i think i'm just depressed with it all ianpsurs. I think maybe a delayed reaction with the diagnoses . Don't take any notice of me I'll be better in the morning. Thanks anyway.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
oh i think i'm just depressed with it all ianpsurs. I think maybe a delayed reaction with the diagnoses . Don't take any notice of me I'll be better in the morning. Thanks anyway.

I hope you feel more positive soon. I think we need time to adjust to lots of things that this condition/diagnoses brings. I know I felt like I needed to grieve for my carefree former lifestyle, it was the first time I had needed to see a doctor and be told there was no medicine, treatment or "cure", this was very alien to me. I was/am lucky that I don't have any underlying health conditions so rarely need to go to the doctor so when this happened I was shocked, upset, angry blah blah blah
However I have found my own "cure" and more support, motivation and inspiration than any tablet or injection could provide, here, on this forum.
You will find your way back, if you want to, and when you are ready there will be people here ready to hold your hand and walk with you.
Good luck and very best wishes.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1C65D54F-E680-4252-9976-C21AF5C5699E.jpeg
Hi all lovely day in Bridgnorth with mum today
Breakfast bacon @nd egg and one quarter of lo dough piece soaked in egg and fried as eggy bread
Lunch sea food platter with mum it was amazing with an Arbroath smokie, smoked mackerel, dressed crab, prawns in shells, smoked salmon and samphire see Photo ( bread wrapped up for OH as from good bakery waste not want not!)
Dinner lamb loin chop and cauliflower cheese with glass of red wine - probably oppo scoop later
How lucky are we to be able to eat like this?