Painful Tingling Toes

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been a type2 diabetic for around 15 years now. My doctor was pleased with the way my blood sugars were lowered last time to just about diabetic levels. My question is that I have been getting increasing painful sessions in my toes, partculaly on the left foot. The best way i can explain it, is that it feels as if someone has stamped on my toes. Now its enough to wake me up at night. If i squeeze and massage the toes, it does help some, but they are getting more regular now, and I am watching my intake of food, and eat fresh cooked food daily.I noticed that my morning readings have increased to around 7 from 5 in the morning, and I havnt done anything g different. Any ideas please, as im almost tempted to ask my doctor for some pain killing medication, its getting that bad.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Diabetic neuropathy is just one of the possible causes. It could also be Vitamin B deficiency, kidney problems, infections, side effects of some medication, pinched nerve, or even exposure to certain toxins.
As always, the best thing to do is see a doctor, pain medication may not necessarily be the answer, but at least with pain killers you can try something over the counter first. Always best to see GP though.

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
I've been getting the same feelings. Ranging from a feeling like I've been wearing socks that are far too tight upto a feeling like someone is sticking a needle into my foot. Likewise it has on occasions woken me up. I waiting to see the doctor about a diabetes related matter and will bring this up with him

Reactions: imintroublenow
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been getting the same feelings. Ranging from a feeling like I've been wearing socks that are far too tight upto a feeling like someone is sticking a needle into my foot. Likewise it has on occasions woken me up. I waiting to see the doctor about a diabetes related matter and will bring this up with him
Could you let me know what your Doctor thinks.Thanks.

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
Could you let me know what your Doctor thinks.Thanks.
Saw the Diabetic Nurse todsy and raised the issue about my feet. She tells me that when the body tries to dump surplus sugar through the body this action annoys the body's nervous system. The feet are particularly sensitive to this hence they react more than any other part of the body
Hope this helps