Plateu syndrome?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Have you tried upping the exercise level to kick start fat burning again ?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Personally.....my kick start is just to lower the carb intake along with increased activity, I never bother looking at calories. It always seems to work for me. I did once check out my calorie intake, it was very low anyway because of my food choices.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I'm with Cugila on dropping carbs. Have a look at 'Viv's Diet' somewhere on the Low-carb Forum. If you can tolerate the food list (quite high fat) give that a go for a fortnight and you should drop some more. Don't worry about calories. The basic diet gives you about 20g carb per day.

Your loss is bound to be slower 'cos you have comparatively little more to get off - the last bit is always difficult!

I got my Christmas few pounds off but now I'm stuck again, so I sympathise. I'm going rigidly back on to my diet on April Fool's Day! :wink: - after I've finished this bottle of wine! :oops:

Viv :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Ragnar :) I have to agree with Ken and Viv. You need to ditch the calorie counter and count the carbs instead. In the food list you give only the lentils and fruit (and any root vegetables) are high carb - the rest is fine.

Viv's diet is excellent and here is the link to make it easier for you to find it:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18803

Be careful not to reduce the carbs too fast though or you could get false hypo symptoms as your BG levels start to fall.

The change should get your weight loss moving again. And starting weight training again will help too.

We are all on the low carb gig BTW. :)

Good luck :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
By that I meant cugila, Viv and I - not the whole forum. Just to clarify. I'm not engaging everybody in this. We are all free to do what we want here :) But give it a try - it is bound to help you :) It is helping me to get my weight down so far (it's hard because I haven't got too much to lose now) and I've just reduced from over 80g to below 50g carbs. Maybe too fast? Don't go and do what I did last night :lol: Good luck :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Ragnar said:
Do you get these "cheese bake" things in Britain? Camembert, or something, that you bake in the oven in a wooden "cake tin" type form? Any way, last year my Wife bought one for me. After two fork fulls the gout started. I ate about a quarter of the thing, before I had to give up.

Sorry I don't know either as I live in Switzerland.

Sorry about the gout which is stopping you from following a LC diet. Better stick with what you're doing then. Try reducing the portions. I'm sure you can manage it though even though it might not be as good for the levels.
ATB :)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
So sorry to hear about the gout! My ex-husband used to get it, particularly after broad beans (fava beans) and brussels sprouts., and I know how killing it can be. He also drank a lot of cider which didn't help :roll:

Best of luck with the rest of your weight.

Viv :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Ragnar said:
Na. They are made by "DR Oetker" or something. Oven bake cheese, about the size of a one person birthday cake, in a wooden frame ring. All the rage in Germany. :?

Aha! Here they are;

http://www.ofenkaese.de/

Yes, we get Dr Oetker here but I've never had that. What does it have in it apart from cheese? Does it have carbs then :shock::shock horror: Is it like Swiss Vacherin (du Mont d'Or)? That's cheese in a round wooden box too. Looked at your link - box looks the same but I don't know what is being poured in it?

Yes exercise is probably the best thing for you. Never mind the weight of the muscles - that's good weight. BMI isn't accurate - as you already know - if you do exercise/sport so ignore it.

ATB

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You could always try a 1day or 2day "Fat Fast" to kick start the weight loss again.

Google "Fat Fast". I have no idea how a fat fast would effect your gout, or even if there are foods that are suitable for a fat fast that would also keep the gout at bay.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Reducing portion size and increasing exercise is normally sufficient to kick-start my weight loss.

Nigel

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Camembert has 0.1 carbs per 100 grams. What was being poured into the box in the picture must have been milk although it's not actually made in the box!

Ragnar

Those pictures on the link I sent, are not "being poured". It isthe way it looks, Stringy, elastic and lava like semi liquified, semi vulcanised cheese pouring from the fork as you take a forkfull out.

Whats in there is PURE Camembert, or any other type of soft cheese. It is just put in the oven, in the wooden box/ring, and heated at 180° for half an hour.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Sounds delicious :wink: