Book Corner.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Used to love read Horror stories now not so....has everyone's taste in books changed over time at the moment can not get into a book, I keep looking for a good story but who in your opinion writes the best story's these days

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Used to love read Horror stories now not so....has everyone's taste in books changed over time at the moment can not get into a book, I keep looking for a good story but who in your opinion writes the best story's these days
Yes I like crime books

Reactions: Goacher55

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hiya I found for me the best thing I did was join the library. That way I could take a few books and see if I liked the author's style and then reserve more from the same person.

You say you liked horror, what other genres have you tried?

I used to read Dean Koontz, Steven King, Peter Straub, James Herbert but got bored as everything seemed the same. I now just wander around the library looking for anything that jumps out of me. From this I have started to read anything and everything. Give anything a go. (I dont like biographies, yawn)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I love getting books for my birthday and I've got a kindle fire
I dont have a kindle - I had a Sony version of an e-reader. (obsolete now) Hubby bought one too but his broke so he now has mine as I prefer to read books in their paper form. Pity as I have about 30,000 books on my hard drive

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
I dont have a kindle - I had a Sony version of an e-reader. (obsolete now) Hubby bought one too but his broke so he now has mine as I prefer to read books in their paper form. Pity as I have about 30,000 books on my hard drive
Oh no you should buy one as well

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Just finished 'Children of Men' by P.D. James. Having never read any of James' books before (always thought they were crime fiction, not a genre I like) I enjoyed it. I do like Dystopian stuff like this and a couple of times my heart has been racing while the characters found themselves in danger. Perhaps there should be a warning label 'Care should be taken, this story may raise your blood glucose levels'. ;)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished 'Children of Men' by P.D. James. Having never read any of James' books before (always thought they were crime fiction, not a genre I like) I enjoyed it. I do like Dystopian stuff like this and a couple of times my heart has been racing while the characters found themselves in danger. Perhaps there should be a warning label 'Care should be taken, this story may raise your blood glucose levels'. ;)

Is that the same as the film called Children of Men about how civilisation is petering out as no-one is becoming pregnant and the youngest person has just died?

I'm not going to give any more away

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've finished the Clifton Chronicles - ok series but I wont be buying them.

I've also just finished the Ferry Girls and now reading the Canary girls by same author. Both set in WWII.

I have on the side another of the Emma Harte series by Barbara Taylor Bradford. This is the penultimate one.

I've also brought back downstairs a book I'm halfway through by Diana Gabaldon and it's from the Outlander series. I've loved her other books but found this one a bit tedious. I need to read it though to move onto the others in the series.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Is that the same as the film called Children of Men about how civilisation is petering out as no-one is becoming pregnant and the youngest person has just died?

I'm not going to give any more away
Aye, that's the one. Not seen the movie.

Just started 'War of the Worlds' by Wells, never read this book before, will be interesting to note the differences to the films.

Reactions: wolfie11969

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been rereading old favorite tea-cosy mysteries. I just finished one by Charlotte MacLeod, set in Boston, MA. Before that I reread one set at Tanglewood. I've been borrowing them as ebooks from openlibrary.com to read on my Nook. They also have Susannah Stacey, Susan B. Kelly, and Dorothy Sayers.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Aye, that's the one. Not seen the movie.

Just started 'War of the Worlds' by Wells, never read this book before, will be interesting to note the differences to the films.
One of the few kindle ebooks that I have read since my library days.
As usual the book is far superior to the film's, which were Americanized, for movie fans.
I've finished the Clifton Chronicles - ok series but I wont be buying them.

I've also just finished the Ferry Girls and now reading the Canary girls by same author. Both set in WWII.

I have on the side another of the Emma Harte series by Barbara Taylor Bradford. This is the penultimate one.

I've also brought back downstairs a book I'm halfway through by Diana Gabaldon and it's from the Outlander series. I've loved her other books but found this one a bit tedious. I need to read it though to move onto the others in the series.

Was going to get the Clifton chronicles, the latest, This was a man.
How was it?. Has Archer ran out of ideas?
Nearly finished 'Second contact' not as good as the first!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the few kindle ebooks that I have read since my library days.
As usual the book is far superior to the film's, which were Americanized, for movie fans.

Was going to get the Clifton chronicles, the latest, This was a man.
How was it?. Has Archer ran out of ideas?
Nearly finished 'Second contact' not as good as the first!

It just finishes the story off for you. I wont give anything away but I'd read it for completion :)

Reactions: Lamont D

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I did a book swap with a former colleague last week I’ve got 3 bags of hitherto unknown so exciting !

Reactions: Guzzler