"Mastering Blood Sugar" - new podcast

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Brian Mowll who is the producer of the annual Diabetes Summit has started a new podcast where he interviews various experts.

For those interested, the first two podcasts have been posted on Youtube:

Podcast 1: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes with Ron Rosedale, MD

Podcast 2: Understanding the role of glucagon and insulin with Benjamin Bikman, PhD:

I'll try and remember to add the new podcasts to this thread after they're posted.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just have to come back and comment about how impressive Ben Bikman is - I've learned heaps from every interview of his I've heard, but this one, with the focus on diabetes (he discusses both types), is simply excellent.

Stop fearing gluconeogenesis and stop chasing ketones :angelic:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Brian Mowll who is the producer of the annual Diabetes Summit has started a new podcast where he interviews various experts.

For those interested, the first two podcasts have been posted on Youtube:

Podcast 1: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes with Ron Rosedale, MD

Podcast 2: Understanding the role of glucagon and insulin with Benjamin Bikman, PhD:

I'll try and remember to add the new podcasts to this thread after they're posted.

Big thank you for this especially the protein and ketones messages on Benjamin bikmans iv @Goonergal and @DJC3 you May well find this interesting.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Podcast 3: Dr. Jason Fung on The Two Most Important Steps To Reverse Diabetes Type 2:

Reactions: AshleyEatly

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just have to come back and comment about how impressive Ben Bikman is - I've learned heaps from every interview of his I've heard, but this one, with the focus on diabetes (he discusses both types), is simply excellent.

Stop fearing gluconeogenesis and stop chasing ketones :angelic:

Dr Bikman is by far my favourite 'newbie' in the low carb universe @Indy51 but I'd somehow missed this one!

I generally avoid Jimmy Moore podcasts but Dr Bikman's contribution to Jimmy's failed protein hack experiment was fascinating - not sure if you've heard it but I'd highly recommend it if you haven't. Apparently you can be not only insulin resistant but also glucagon resistant - blew my mind :)

Reactions: Indy51

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Podcast 4: How To Optimize Nutrition To Reduce Insulin Resistance With Marty Kendall:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Podcast 5: How to Optimize the Ketogenic Diet for the Best Results With Dr. Will Cole:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Podcast 6: How Your Mindset Shapes Your Health With Sachin Patel:

Podcast 7: RD Dikeman shares his family's diabetes story:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Something seems to have gone wrong with his numbering system - another Podcast 6 has popped up in my feed - should have been labelled Podcast 8:

Benefits Of A Healthy Diet, Mindfulness Meditation, And Nutrition Testing With Ann Shippy, MD:

Last edited:

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting these podcasts Indy51. Really enjoyed the RD Dikeman interview. Was shocked to hear of the 184 type 1's who responded to a recent survey at TypeOneGrit, only 4 of 184 respondents were told about the low carb diet.

Social media is changing this FINALLY. The word is getting out. It's so encouraging. :)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This one has popped up as Podcast 9, so will also check for previous ones I might have missed an add them.

Teresa O'Conner shares her story of eliminating diabetes drugs with Dr. Brian Mowll:

Edited to add: previous one was labelled 6 and should have been 8. Now fixed and numbering corrected.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Episode 10: Empowering Yourself To Reverse Diabetes With Sara Vance and Dr. Brian Mowll: