Having A 2 Week 'pump Holiday' Advice

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For my forthcoming holiday abroad I've decided to take a pump holiday and revert back to pens while I'm away.

My pump nurse has provided me with information how to revert back to basal and bolus, prior to leaving etc.

What she can't provide is what I am supposed to do with my pump when I leave it at home!

She's told me to contact roche, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this and what they did with their pump.

I don't know if it will store all my info if I switch it off for two weeks.

I even thought of letting it run on a minute basal rate for two weeks! Hoping the cartridge would last that long!

I use the accu check insight.

Thanks in advance! Christine

D

Deleted Account

Sorry I don't know if it will store your data for that long.
I have an Animas Vibe and it stores the data whilst I change the battery but I have not tried any longer than 5 minutes.

However, I try to maintain a record of all my pump settings.
For me, this is possible on Diasend.

When my pump was damaged, I had to set up the replacement pump which would have been a nightmare if I had not recorded the settings.

Therefore, regardless of whether your settings would remain during a 2 week pumping holiday, I would always recommend making a note of all your pump settings. You never know when you may need them.

Reactions: Picci

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry I don't know if it will store your data for that long.
I have an Animas Vibe and it stores the data whilst I change the battery but I have not tried any longer than 5 minutes.

However, I try to maintain a record of all my pump settings.
For me, this is possible on Diasend.

When my pump was damaged, I had to set up the replacement pump which would have been a nightmare if I had not recorded the settings.

Therefore, regardless of whether your settings would remain during a 2 week pumping holiday, I would always recommend making a note of all your pump settings. You never know when you may need them.
Good idea, thank you! Nobody else has got back yet. My pump nurse said its very common for pumper to take a break from it while holidaying abroad! Someone must be on here!