Footsteps In The Sand

LucyL 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I mostly live in Croc type flipflops in the summer. MyDN was not impressed. However, I was wearing my gardening shoes when I banged my big toe on a cast iron garden ornament...thank goodness! It still went manky tho, so had it checked out..all good, but will probably lose the toenail.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I mostly live in Croc type flipflops in the summer. MyDN was not impressed. However, I was wearing my gardening shoes when I banged my big toe on a cast iron garden ornament...thank goodness! It still went manky tho, so had it checked out..all good, but will probably lose the toenail.

Note to self: Perhaps this is a good example of why gardening in bare feet might not be such a great idea.

Hwad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am fortunate to not have neuropathy with my T2. But my older brother (also T2) has no sensation at all and ignored a foot issue a few years ago which became infected. When he eventually went to see his doctor, he was advised to keep off his feet and have regular dressing changes. This resulted in ten weeks off work before it healed!