Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
5.0 morning 4.5 evening. Is this good or bad?
Welcome to the forum @paspa2. Those figures are good. Type 2s should aim for between 4-7 mmol/L before eating, and not more than 8.5 two hours after eating.

Screenshot 2018-07-30 at 10.58.43.png

Reactions: paspa2.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your regime I believe is not in the Keto range of low carb, so my theory is that your exercise assists your glucose clearance; so a higher lower carb without a workout just by the maths would leave your numbers a percentage higher possibly.

I think so too.

I’m not on Ketogenic diet. My diet is moderate carb about 80-120g per day. If I don’t exercise, my fasting bg levels are in the 6s.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.8 this morning, this got me excited so I decided to cut the grass, after I'd finished I checked again and I was 9.6, so exercise and food both raise my bg readings, hmmm I think I may have a really crafty plan...

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Hmm something along those lines but with a sheep or some sort of pygmy cow included to assist with the short grass and red meat ....

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning
5.3@ 0600
whilst walking the dog this morning i reflected on where i was this time last year..sciatica,painful knees back pain slighly depressed no energy 127 kilos,addicted to haribo,wine gums, biscuits,white bread cakes pies etc.
all of the above...gone .. been 100 kilos for a few months now very big wake up call i heeded!
wish i could dislike beer though!!!

Last edited: