Hols here we come!!!!

avi

Dislikes
people who act like they are the diabetic police!!!
but boy is it like a military operation, just trying to remember everything I need. My kids are grown up now so its just me and hubby going away for a few days, but with all I need to take its like having to remember everything when the kids were small, can only imagine what it must be like to have diabetic children and be going on hols. That aside am really looking forward to a few relaxing stress free days!
Avi

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi Avi
I know what you mean about the packing all your gear, and must have spare this and that just in case! I always leave home feeling like I've forgotten something.
I keep my daily gear in a bright pink make-up bag so it catches my eye and I don't foreget it,. I often wonder how insulin dependent men carry all their gear about day to day; bum bags, pocket or man bag?
Have a lovely holiday Avi. We can only dream of having a break from diabetes eh....
Jus :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Avi,

Not been abroad for 5 years now and tend to holiday in the UK, but I always had horrible dreams leading up to the departure date where I had forgotten my insulin supplies when flying at 37,00 feet. :(...it never did happen but boy did those dreams seem real! :shock:

Nigel