What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
4.9 - lower than expected as I had some leg cramps overnight
Planning some birthday treats today - low carb of course but maybe more than usual! Out for birthday Sunday lunch with family later.
@Goonergal hope swim good and @ianpspurs enjoy your family celebrations happy Sunday to all of you lovely day ahead I hope for all
Happy birthday, have a great day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.2 this am. Nice day here but overcast. Home gym today for me. I have uped my treadmill running to 3k. Doest sound like much, but for me its plenty.
@Canvaspic It is not the distance or the speed per se but the effort and benefit for you personally. If you and Mo Farah ran 3k he'd get no benefit but my guess is you would benefit fitness and bg control wise.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 - lower than expected as I had some leg cramps overnight
Planning some birthday treats today - low carb of course but maybe more than usual! Out for birthday Sunday lunch with family later.
@Goonergal hope swim good and @ianpspurs enjoy your family celebrations happy Sunday to all of you lovely day ahead I hope for all
Happy birtday
FB_IMG_1533280917873.jpg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who won't buy a newspaper today.

A gentle 6.2 for me this morning.

With today's forecasted 30 deg I shall be staying indoors struggling with the dlva, building society, computers and insurance renewal. That little lot should destroy whatever sanity I had.
Have a good one folks.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What sort of food do they serve?
Hi @DJC3 sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, it is a taster menu so it is a seasonal menu and it was spectacular, Langoustines, whiskey cured trout, veal sweetbreads and main of lamb loin, the deserts were outstanding. How these chefs create all these flavours is beyond me. It was a true experience, the staff make you feel so important I'm starting to save up for another visit.

Reactions: geefull and DJC3

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all a funny 6.1 as I was fully expecting a high reading as yesterday I felt so ill and my readings were in the high 20's and have never felt so ill. as long as I have gotten them some way under control I'm happy.

Take care every one.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DJC3 sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, it is a taster menu so it is a seasonal menu and it was spectacular, Langoustines, whiskey cured trout, veal sweetbreads and main of lamb loin, the deserts were outstanding. How these chefs create all these flavours is beyond me. It was a true experience, the staff make you feel so important I'm starting to save up for another visit.

Sounds mouthwatering and a brilliant place for your anniversary celebration. I know what you mean about the staff in places like this, attentive but not intrusive - quite a skill.
Glad you had such a good time.

Reactions: johnpol

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds mouthwatering and a brilliant place for your anniversary celebration. I know what you mean about the staff in places like this, attentive but not intrusive - quite a skill.
Glad you had such a good time.
Yes it was brilliant, you can't put into words just how good it was. It was definitely worth it .