What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone not such a fantastic night last night woke up around 2am feeling hypo BG was 4.5 but I felot shaky and cold my usual hypo symptoms then after that couldn’t get back to sleep due to stomach pains took two headache tablets but they didn’t do much eventually got to sleep around six this morning today’s BG is 4.8
Sending hugs x

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Let's think about who I haven't mentioned in the morning greeting. Ahh yes the Royal Family, better say nothing.

A 6.5 for me this morning.

Well folks have a good one stay cool, temperature that is no more than 98.4

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning everyone not such a fantastic night last night woke up around 2am feeling hypo BG was 4.5 but I felt shaky and cold my usual hypo symptoms then after that couldn’t get back to sleep due to stomach pains took two headache tablets but they didn’t do much eventually got to sleep around six this morning today’s BG is 4.8
Take care.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@alf_Josiah No idea what bg levels are as no testing regime for a while. I have no reason to suspect any issues foodwise I ate cheese, pork scratchings and our own lemon drizzle cake. Socially, very harmonious gathering of 4 generations including several I had taught (successfully) so all good. Very tightknit bunch on the P side. I have very little to do with Mrs P's side or my mum's side.
@Terrytiddy great result after fasting. It would be interesting to see what that did to cholesterol numbers as my suspicion is that it is not helpful there. Your's and other people's mileage may vary there.
Hi @ianpspurs found this video about cholesterol, very interesting :) .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ianpspurs found this video about cholesterol, very interesting :) .
Thanks @Terrytiddy. I am onboard with the view that LC may be fine for cholesterol and my own numbers support that. Fasting for longer periods may be less helpful - LDL and ratios are fine in my case but Trigs are not where I want them - fasting is not for me anymore. Trigs are fine in my case but are better without fasting so it goes. Other people may be fine so I just wondered as some things I read suggested that link i.e. fasting and even IF raising cholesterol.

Last edited:

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 for me this morning, down from last night's spike.

Being new to testing, I thought I'd confirm that bread (including whole wheat) is a spike for me so at dinner yesterday I had a small lower carb whole wheat bun (17 carb) with a hamburger.

I was rewarded with a post dinner reading of 6.7 (an increase of 1.8% from predinner), one of my higher readings since I got a meter & started testing. Buns & bread of any kind are definitely off the menu for me.

(I do have a very low carb tortilla - 3 net carbs due to added fibre & soy flour that I will probably try in a few days but I'm not optimistic as it seems whole wheat is a trigger for blood glucose spikes for me.)

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
So I've just managed 3 days in a row with all my daily tests averaging under 6 (pre and post meal). Today was a slight cheat though because I accidentally left my meter at home so missed a few tests.
That said at dinner (veg stir fry, with baked salmon) I had half a bag of prawn crackers (no rice or noodles) and plenty of sweet chilli sauce and a couple of squares of dark chocolate for my pudding...I only went up from 5.9 to 6.3....happy days.
Certainly an improvement today on yesterday when I just felt sluggish, tired and a bit miserable all day - a hangover from doing too much exercise and getting too much sun on Sunday I think.
Goodnight fellow finger-spikers.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Surprisingly my sugars have been all over the place. I’m currently on an insulin drip due to being nil by mouth since Sunday. I bet I’ve not lost weight either !
Sugars at 4.10 we’re 7.2 having been in the 5’s and 6’s since Sunday