Post Pregnancy High Blood Pressure

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello all
Decided to post this here since my blood pressure was pregnancy related. I was put on bp meds 2 weeks before having my baby. I was told it should go back to normal after 6 weeks and now my baby is almost 9 months old!!! My BP is 130/90 with pulse of over 80. My GP has told me to self monitor at home and when it gets down to 110/70 that is when I will know I no longer require meds. Has anyone else had to take meds this long after? Should I be finding a consultant for blood pressure? Look forward to hearing your responses

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had my baby at 32 weeks due to pre eclampsia 12 months ago and still on meds. Was told I’m on them for life now but not to fall pregnant on them as they aren’t safe in pregnancy I’ll have to be given an alternative

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's good to know wannabemammy. Thought i was the only one trying to figure it out! How do u know if u still need the meds? And do u see a consultant specially for blood pressure? Just wondering if i should be working about it or not....

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No I don't see a consultant, just have my BP monitored at clinic! I monitor my BP myself at home also and it seems my results are normal due to me taking BP medication.