Dawn Phenomenon And Chewing Gum On Waking

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
I am taking 500mg 4times a day and one 1000mg slow release metformin and was seeing similar results to when I was on three times the metformin but the side effects were unbearable.. Since last night my usual low carb healthy eating has gone right out of the window and I'm currently higher than I've been for weeks and feeling horrible.. But when I get back home after short break I will be back to healthy low carb eating and it will be obvious if the berberine is as effective as metformin.. I was seeing early very good results though
Am I reading you correctly? Basic prescription in most cases = 2 x 500mg but you are taking 3 x this amount
Metformin has a levelling off ability and I have never seen Metformin give benefit over 1000mg in my case except being a prisoner of the loo. However, having been taken off Metformin (Glucophage in Asia) because it was exacerbating my Congestive Heart Failure - I have become a new man as far as energy and mindset are concerned.

ThePenguinPimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am I reading you correctly? Basic prescription in most cases = 2 x 500mg but you are taking 3 x this amount
Metformin has a levelling off ability and I have never seen Metformin give benefit over 1000mg in my case except being a prisoner of the loo. However, having been taken off Metformin (Glucophage in Asia) because it was exacerbating my Congestive Heart Failure - I have become a new man as far as energy and mindset are concerned.

That was my intention but I have ended up taking 500mg twice a day plus 1000 slow release metformin.. I am starting to wonder whether the metformin even at this lower dose is making me feel as rubbish as I do right now.. I had a few days off my usual healthy life as I went to visit friends and everything went out of the window.. but I feel like I am in a fog.. when I started on the metformin I was so happy my blood sugars instantly reacted becoming more stable and I felt fantastic.. as time has gone on I feel more groggy and tired and bloated! The side effects have calmed down but I still feel like I've just eaten a huge sunday roast like all the time..

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I know Dr Bernstein's book recommended chewing gum for diabetics with slow digestion due to nerve damage.

It does work, especially if fat is slowing your digestion down too much.
My injected insulin works better without heavy fats to contend with. Chewing anytime of day can process your food by your digestive system a bit quicker. Also my dentist commented on how my gums have improved from receding too.