Chronic Fatigue And T1 Diabetes

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for not reading every ones contribution, so if this has already been covered once again sorry, After 1st diagnose (un-diagnosed T1 DKA for 30 days straight) I was always tired and as mentioned it was, by the docs n nurses my high BG, now it's "under control" and I checked my B12, Vit D and iron when I last visited the docs all good they say, and I still have days when I check my BG and its perfect 6-7mmol HOWEVER I still feel a lack of energy, I have now started thinking it could be depression creeping back in, some days good some bad, I never though of chronic fatigue before, so i will have a good read of the other comments and read the OP's article, when I have the ENERGY! - I am glad SOPHIA78 mentioned DKA has anyone done a poll of those with T1 how many have experienced severe DKA i think that is a game changer for T1 - imo

In terms of fatigue - I hope as well as your B12 and VitD that your hormones, including thyroid are being checked out. A significant percentage of the adult population, and a yet further higher percentage of those with other autoimmune conditions have thyroid dysfunction, whether treated or not.

hazedsoundz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmmm. I have plenty of uncomfortable situations without adding to them, sadly! Got plenty of self discipline (and probably too much confidence) with running my own business... And my immune system is so strong it’s not only eaten my pancreas, but reacts to many of the foods I eat as well. Think I’ll stick to nice hot baths with a good book and a glass of wine :) But if it works for you, that’s fantastic - one thing you’ll find here is just how different we all are and what works for each of us.

Big facts !! Keep doing you