What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

wet and windy today here and threw it down with rain all night, looked out at 06.00am saw the weather and went back to bed ;).
Found an under bed box with woollies in it yesterday in the spare bedroom so I'll sort that out today and go for a walk later if/when the weather improves.

@Debandez I like a carvery meal too and we usually have one when I go to visit my sister :) you started out the day at 5.5 and were 7.3 after the meal that's only a rise of 1.8 so within 2 points, plus the theraputic value of the no cooking = bonus

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs adorable photo of the grandchildren.
Thanks @PenguinMum Grandson is the standout grandchild always will be. I Sympathise with cramp sufferers. Cramp comes to me largely when after I exercise I forget my ice bath type routine. Our shower has a good remote control unit with excellent changes of temperature. Switch from hottest to coldest very quickly and target calfs and quads. Ice baths are a thing big for athletes and recovery.

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Blood test today so no breakfast for me.

The little vials of magic are on their way. Is it too much to hope for a sub-40 score after just 3 months. A nervous wait.
In addition to the usual tests they took a sample to test for Coeliac disorder.
“But I don’t eat wheat - will it even show up?”
I wish they’d tell you these things before you turn up.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The little vials of magic are on their way. Is it too much to hope for a sub-40 score after just 3 months. A nervous wait..
You should be fine @rhubarb73. I have followed your progress and all looks good. Re too much to much hope - definitely not as plenty on here have done it. Too much to expect is a whole other ball game so focus on progress whatever number comes back.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenguinMum Grandson is the standout grandchild always will be. I Sympathise with cramp sufferers. Cramp comes to me largely when after I exercise and forget my ice bath type routine. Our shower has a good remote control unit with excellent changes of temperature. Switch from hottest to coldest very quickly and target calfs and quads. Ice baths are a thing big for athletes and recovery.
I used to get leg cramps at night as a young child and used to scream “Mum my legs are locked”. She used to tell me to breathe in down to my toes and that big intake of oxygen still works for me.
That little Leo is handsome and a bet he is a great little character. You seem to have a very special relationship.
Time for me to get on with washing and ironing....

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all I seem stuck at 5.0 and unlike you @Goonergal i can’t blame late night chocolate!
@ianpspurs your photos are lovely
@Debandez bet it’s the gravy - when I go to the carvery I avoid the carrots and gravy, also at one I had cauliflower cheese that had an impact - probably not made the lc way! Sausages there too may have more filler than you’d buy at home? Still a good number for you this morning so nothing too worrying. I love a carvery.
@Goacher55 glad you’ve escaped hospital I find it unbelievable that they feed a diabetic white toast and jam for Breakfast ! Seriously it is worrying looks like if I go in I’d need to arrange food parcels! Good luck working out your way of eating to cope without your gallbladder but to manage your diabetes take care
Have a good Monday all
Thanks @shelley262 I thought cauliflower cheese which happens to be my favourite carvery item apart from the meat wouldn't be the culprit. I'm leaving off the sausage n gravy next time crossing everything their cauliflower cheese will be kind to me :)

Reactions: rhubarb73

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7. It was 16 five weeks ago when I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so I'll take 6.7! :)
It was 7 months before my FBG played nicely though my before/after levels were under 2 and my HBA1c were non diabetic. It is still a challenge but 6 or under 9 months on is what I accept now. SOOOO keep going it will get better.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I
Time for me to get on with washing and ironing....
The need for no or very rare ironing is something I really value from not working any more. At one stage all 3 boys were at school and I was at work so every Sunday I ironed 15 white shirts and up to 8 of my own depending on evening events. I only like 100% cotton shirts so some took plenty of ironing. As of this minute I don't know where the iron or ironing board are.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was 7 months before my FBG played nicely though my before/after levels were under 2 and my HBA1c were non diabetic. It is still a challenge but 6 or under 9 months on is what I accept now. SOOOO keep going it will get better.

Thanks for that! Although it's getting rarer and less high I sometimes still spike (last one was 8.9) and I don't know why. I wasn't sure how long this was all supposed to take.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning after a very poor nights sleep.

@ianpspurs that’s a really lovely photo
@Goacher55 I’m glad you’re home and can give the white toast a miss now. Hope you continue to get better.
@DJC3 Hug for poor night's sleep. Feet held to the fire, Leo is always going to be closest to my heart - is that unusual? Apparently, the whole family knew that was the same for my grandfather P and me.

Reactions: alf_Josiah and DJC3

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
You should be fine @rhubarb73. I have followed your progress and all looks good. Re too much to much hope - definitely not as plenty on here have done it. Too much to expect is a whole other ball game so focus on progress whatever number comes back.
You’re right. But I’m still nervous- can’t help it. Want some good news before my holiday. Thank you.