Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Saw this a few weeks ago. It is twenty minutes of Gold.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suffered severe sound issues with the clip. Had to max my graphuc equaliser to make sense of the commentary.

Apart from that it was an intersting piece, but I am left wondering what the message is it was conveying. It seems to be an easy introduction to assimilate the science of lipid storage, so that is my take on it,

Not sure it explains why we hate it though. I was waiting for Part II to start when it finished.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I had no problem with the sound. In future perhaps look for any video that seems to give this type of problem (sometimes re embedded pieces) directly on YouTube.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

A few posts have been deleted from this thread.
They were not deleted because of any forum rule breaking.
They formed part of a discussion on whether the link to the video in the original post was safe to open. When the concerns proved to be unnecessary, the posts have been removed to prevent derailing the thread.

For those who may still wonder about the video's safety, we can reassure you.

It was hosted at youtu.be rather than youtube.com and concerns were expressed that youtu.be was not a legitimate source and might contain malware. The mod team have done some investigation and can confirm that youtu.be is owned and run by youtube, and it hosts the same youtube videos as the main youtube site. Yout.be was introduced as a way to increase the speed at which customers can access the videos and shorten the code needed for the videos. The '.be' designation shows that the sight is located in Belgium.

For anyone who wants a better explanation, this link will explain it better than I can! :)
http://www.differencebetween.net/te.../difference-between-youtube-com-and-youtu-be/

In the meantime, please return to your former programming and let the Fat Discussion recommence... :D

Having said that, thank you to those who raised these concerns. It is always better to err on the side of caution and Report anything that you think may be a security risk. In addition, it is sensible for us all to keep our anti-virus software up to date and regularly run full scans whatever sites we visit (says the person who has her computer automated to run a full scan every few days :) ).

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll just boost this up the ratings a bit in case anyone has missed it..

Reactions: zand

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Brilliant video. Anymore?