Cbd Oil

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just wondered what you guy thought of it being used by some and now on might be NHS prescription

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My opinion is that any drug that has been through stringent testing, is properly used and prescribed by a qualified medic should be given to those who would benefit from it.

I once tried the 'old fashioned' method in the hopes it might ease chronic pain, the result was disasterous.

Reactions: mondFi

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think some people think its great for pain............I don't know how it can help blood sugar control though.....

as for the cannabis side of things, the controlled substance has been removed...

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'm very interested too. Does anybody know if it has BG-lowering/regulating effects? I hear it tends to increase hunger, which in my case is not so good.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Just some background information.

CBD (Cannabidiol) is one of the 104 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant, Cannabis sativa.

(THC) Tetrahydrocannabinol is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis, and causes the sensation of getting “high” that’s often associated with marijuana. However, unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive.

My better half had a UK client who was growing marijuana under license somewhere in the UK, where they were trying to "breed" a plant with less THC and more CBD.

It seems that Marijuana has been used for pain relief since 2900 B.C. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5549367/)

Using CBD has been shown to reduce anxiety and depression in both human and animal studies.

Though CBD has been shown to help reduce symptoms related to cancer and cancer treatment, and may even have cancer-fighting properties, more research is needed to assess its efficacy and safety.

CBD may have beneficial effects on acne due to its anti-inflammatory qualities and its ability to control the overproduction of sebum from the sebaceous glands.

Though research is limited at this time, CBD has been shown to effectively treat symptoms related to epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease. CBD was also shown to reduce the progression of Alzheimer’s disease in test-tube and animal studies.

Though more human studies are needed, CBD may benefit heart health in several ways, including by reducing blood pressure and preventing heart damage.

There’s a medically approved cannabis-based treatment called Sativex, but it doesn’t work for everyone. In most parts of the UK you can’t get it from the Health Service (NHS). That’s because the good it does is seen as too small to be worth what it costs. And for many people it’s too expensive to buy privately. Some people with MS get cannabis to help ease their symptoms in other ways.

Some studies suggest that CBD may be an effective treatment for diabetes, substance abuse, mental disorders and certain types of cancers. However, more research in humans is needed. Cannabidiol lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice. - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16698671

I think most people have heard of the young lad with epilepsy whose mother went through hoops before the home secretary allowed doctors to prescribed medicinal cannabis. My understanding is that this is different to CBD oil which can be extracted from hemp in that it will contain some THC and that there is debate over the % of each to be most effective.

Reactions: 1spuds

Injebreck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I Mod a Facebook diabetic group and CBD oil comes up quite regularly. I've seen the report mentioned above, but that's been the only one I've seen that relates to diabetes. Some people have claimed it helps them, some that it made no difference to their blood sugar levels. Are there any other reputable studies relating to any benefits for diabetics?

kmwa

Dislikes
olives, stilton, salt, anti social behaviour, the wifes ex husband, oops, he's dead now.
Just some background information.

CBD (Cannabidiol) is one of the 104 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant, Cannabis sativa.

(THC) Tetrahydrocannabinol is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis, and causes the sensation of getting “high” that’s often associated with marijuana. However, unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive.

My better half had a UK client who was growing marijuana under license somewhere in the UK, where they were trying to "breed" a plant with less THC and more CBD.

It seems that Marijuana has been used for pain relief since 2900 B.C. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5549367/)

Using CBD has been shown to reduce anxiety and depression in both human and animal studies.

Though CBD has been shown to help reduce symptoms related to cancer and cancer treatment, and may even have cancer-fighting properties, more research is needed to assess its efficacy and safety.

CBD may have beneficial effects on acne due to its anti-inflammatory qualities and its ability to control the overproduction of sebum from the sebaceous glands.

Though research is limited at this time, CBD has been shown to effectively treat symptoms related to epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease. CBD was also shown to reduce the progression of Alzheimer’s disease in test-tube and animal studies.

Though more human studies are needed, CBD may benefit heart health in several ways, including by reducing blood pressure and preventing heart damage.

There’s a medically approved cannabis-based treatment called Sativex, but it doesn’t work for everyone. In most parts of the UK you can’t get it from the Health Service (NHS). That’s because the good it does is seen as too small to be worth what it costs. And for many people it’s too expensive to buy privately. Some people with MS get cannabis to help ease their symptoms in other ways.

Some studies suggest that CBD may be an effective treatment for diabetes, substance abuse, mental disorders and certain types of cancers. However, more research in humans is needed. Cannabidiol lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice. - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16698671

I think most people have heard of the young lad with epilepsy whose mother went through hoops before the home secretary allowed doctors to prescribed medicinal cannabis. My understanding is that this is different to CBD oil which can be extracted from hemp in that it will contain some THC and that there is debate over the % of each to be most effective.

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Being in Canada we do have access to medical use of Cannabis/Marijuana and Cannabis Oil. Relatively easy to get your "registration card", and our federal gov't has made it legal ... officially this Fall (including recreational use).

That said, I have been using Cannabis Oil Capsules both with and without THC (1:1). I did not get it for my T2 but for chronic pain that I have had for over 50 years from a back and neck injury. I have only been using it for a couple months now and have a few comments.

First, what I use is Pharmaceutical grade - very well controlled. Does it help my pain? Somewhat. It is not a magic pill. I avoid using the Cannabis Oil with THC (1:1 ratio taken in the evening) as I wake up groggy and I want to wake up refreshed. I use the non-THC version during the day - need a clear head for work (I work from my home online).

Now, to the question at hand ... does it help with my Diabetes? Good question. It has not affected my readings at all - so far. Next week I get my regular 3-month blood tests at the lab and the following week I see my Endocrinologist, and I will know how my HbA1c is doing the day after my test (online access to lab results). My meds have been consistent so the only change is the addition of the CBD Oil.

Have made a note to come back and post my results :)

Last edited:

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I would take it in a heart beat if it helps with insomnia.:singing:
Possibly. I have always said that each person has their own combination lock so one size does not fit all.

I have, for many years, taken a 3.75 Zopiclone/Imovane (hypnotic) to get to sleep at night for at least 4 hrs. Couldn't get more than 2 hrs without it. If I take the full 7.5 mg tablet then I sleep longer but stagger around for awhile after getting up in the morning.

If, instead, I take a CBD Oil capsule, or liquid under tongue, 1:1 (THC 5mg/CBD 5 mg) then I sleep longer but wake up groggy and fuzzy headed.

Your experience or mileage may vary :)

VivD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
bigoted and selfish people, this Government, grey cold windy days
I too am looking into this. There are a lot of restrictions on the companies and so they can't advise. The best I have found to date is Simply CBD they have a user support facebook group which I joined today. Their products have full descriptions which are much more helpful than most and they have a dosing protocol which is much lower than the first I found and they claim to be the lowest prices in the UK and are funding CBD care for dogs. Some good info from the fb group and it's searchable. Also it group members give advice on using with meds and time gaps between and yes Moggely, it is supposed to help insomnia.
This site has made what looked like an expensive supplement seem quite reasonable.
I have only been taking it for a week I have more energy and positivity no brain fog and I am not dozing off but am able to have a power nap and sleep has been good (mine isn't bad but have some difficult nights) It can take time to have other effects but they have a product with turmeric and black pepper which might well be the best for me and other diabetics. I am hopin it will lower my BP as other than the slow release insulin which I have cut from 30 to 20 units (low carb and intermittent fasting - see Jason Fung youtube) 2.5 lisinopril is my only med.
39141050_2061090843903273_5766981059400957952_n.jpg

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
There’s a cafe in Swansea now that serves CBD in drinks!!! Think I need to move back to Swansea!!

lucy67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondered what you guy thought of it being used by some and now on might be NHS prescription
I use it, I also smoke cannabis. I have found that I have been able to stop able to stop taking amitriptyline which has helped me with pain and leg and foot cramps but it has awful side effects. Since using the CBD oil I have had no cramps but best of all I have NO side effects.

Reactions: VivD and briped

gfgeoff

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently started using CBD oil.....to early to say if its helping with my T2 diabetes however within 24 hours of use my muscle twitching/leg tremors have stopped !!!......if your going to purchase make sure it has an independent lab certification and look for an Co2 extraction method+organically sourced. :)

VivD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
bigoted and selfish people, this Government, grey cold windy days
Nearly killed me my blood sugar dropped rapidly ended up in hospital. Stay away from it its dangerous.

How much did you take - did you monitor your sugars? Not had any effect on mine so far. But keeping dose low and will build up as advised.

Reactions: dawnmc