Sleeping Over

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sleeping over at my boyfriend, first time staying for the night and it wasnt planned. I missed the last bus. We've been together for a month now, Im still somewhat avoiding diabetes care talk infront of him. Now Im so nervous its 1am, Im nervous to eat, Im nervous to inject, nervous to sleep, even nervous to pee.

Even tho hes super loving and understanding about everything Im being a giant p.ssy here sitting outside on the balcony waiting for the sunrise... Ridiculous?

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @miszu, I wish I had some useful advice to share but sadly I don't!
Does your boyfriend know you have diabetes? Maybe he wants to know more but figures you will talk to him about it when you are ready?

Reactions: miszu

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @miszu, I wish I had some useful advice to share but sadly I don't!
Does your boyfriend know you have diabetes? Maybe he wants to know more but figures you will talk to him about it when you are ready?
Yes he does and hes very nice about it all. Its a few more hours to go... Then I can go home and get some sleep. *rip

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Maybe you could write him a letter? Even if you didn't give it to him it might help to clarify your thoughts? Not long till morning now, I hope all goes well. x

Reactions: miszu

BearZA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you should definitely chat to him. If I was him, I would want to know this and would be a tiny upset that you didnt tell me. All the best

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Sleeping over at my boyfriend, first time staying for the night and it wasnt planned. I missed the last bus. We've been together for a month now, Im still somewhat avoiding diabetes care talk infront of him. Now Im so nervous its 1am, Im nervous to eat, Im nervous to inject, nervous to sleep, even nervous to pee.

Even tho hes super loving and understanding about everything Im being a giant p.ssy here sitting outside on the balcony waiting for the sunrise... Ridiculous?
100% speak to him. If ever you have a disabling hypo he needs to know what to do to help you. He will also need to understand the mood swings us type 1's can get when our bloods are awry. I am sure he will totally understand and he will be pleased that you can confide in him :)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Is it really the diabetes?
If you are too nervous to pee (which must be quite uncomfortable) then this suggests that it is more the whole "sharing somone else's space" thing. Too nervous to sleep? Loss of control?
I know this is difficult, but perhaps try and think if you would still have the same reaction if you didnt have diabetes.
Edit: noting this was 2 weeks ago, how did it go in the end?

Reactions: AloeSvea