Anxiety

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
I m really struggling of late so I thought I'd share :) I've been struggling with anxiety and it seems to come on after most times I inject!!!I'm constantly feeling tired,had a hypo today which doesn't help.I've been to my doctors today to get some fluxotine to see if that might help,even in the waiting room I was struggling just wanted to get up and walk out!!!feel like I'm living in a bubble at the mo don t feel all there.any1else relate to this?

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @wiserkurtious sorry to hear that you are struggling with anxiety.:( Chatting on here may help you.;) Cant help you with the injection problem as I'm not type 1, I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon. Just wanted to say hi.:happy:

Reactions: wiserkurtious

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @wiserkurtious sorry to hear that you are struggling with anxiety.:( Chatting on here may help you.;) Cant help you with the injection problem as I'm not type 1, I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon. Just wanted to say hi.:happy:

hi terry thank you for your time bud

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @wiserkurtious any ideas why it’s related to your injections ? Is it related to a fear of hypos perhaps, also have you spoken to your Dsn about this ? If it’s continuing to happen then you could benefit from some counselling to at least talk it through.

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @wiserkurtious any ideas why it’s related to your injections ? Is it related to a fear of hypos perhaps, also have you spoken to your Dsn about this ? If it’s continuing to happen then you could benefit from some counselling to at least talk it through.

I m set for counseling next week,probably due to the hypo's I've had in the past maybe.just going through 1 of them life phases I suppose

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Glad to hear your getting some support - let us know how you get on, i’m sure others suffering from hypo anxiety will benefit from hearing how you get on.

K

Knikki

Yeah I sometimes go through phases like that however never associated it with "anxiety", to be honest I had to look it up.

Its one of those things, you wish you never got diabetes, wish it would go away, wish someone could fix you, wish lots of things but alas the dice of fate was thrown and we got a bad hand.

T1D is not the be all and end all, it is something you have and can be controlled, granted it takes a bit of learning and you will make the odd mistake, heck, I'm and old f*rt at this game but still mess it up every now and then. Follow what goes on in the Type 1'stars R Us thread to see what I mean.

I don't know what medication your on but I would maybe also ask your diabetic team for help as well as counselling, learn about carb counting, learn to experiment, learn about what you can do.

As a diabetic the whole world is still open to you, just we have to carry a bit more junk around but still no reason why it should hold you back :)

Let us know how your counselling went, I am really interested in what they say.

I might be an old f*rt at this but I am still learning new things all the time. :)

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ty for reply's guys much appreciated

Reactions: Juicyj

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
just a little update,I've been to the doctors and got some medication for my anxiety also thinking about going low carb so i don t have to worry so much regarding insulin,still learning regarding insulin.learn't yesterday not!! to exercise when insulin is at its peak!! massive drop within 15 mins and didn't feel good,learning process I guess :)

Reactions: Juicyj and Knikki
K

Knikki

Yep all a learning process, do something however get it wrong, cross it off the list.

I do a fair bit of gym work and always carry either testing kit or libre and if I am below 6 then I generally will not go.

However higher than that 8+ then yes and if/or I reach 4.8 I generally bail out and go home.

Mind you thats a heck of a drop but still you realised it and caught it :)

But that is just me :)

Reactions: Juicyj and Dodo

Mia4554

just a little update,I've been to the doctors and got some medication for my anxiety also thinking about going low carb so i don t have to worry so much regarding insulin,still learning regarding insulin.learn't yesterday not!! to exercise when insulin is at its peak!! massive drop within 15 mins and didn't feel good,learning process I guess :)

Hi, well done for going to the doc. Have you spoken to a Diabetic nurse or doc about the anxiety meds at all? Just a thought as 3 weeks in to my anxiety meds I started hypo-ing quite a lot. After then speaking to my DN she said that the med I was on is known for lowering bloods but I hadn't been aware of this I had just thought it was because I wasn't so stressed (which it probably was too) but just something to keep an eye out for incase. Hope things get a bit more settled for you.

Reactions: wiserkurtious

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi, well done for going to the doc. Have you spoken to a Diabetic nurse or doc about the anxiety meds at all? Just a thought as 3 weeks in to my anxiety meds I started hypo-ing quite a lot. After then speaking to my DN she said that the med I was on is known for lowering bloods but I hadn't been aware of this I had just thought it was because I wasn't so stressed (which it probably was too) but just something to keep an eye out for incase. Hope things get a bit more settled for you.

Hi mia.I'm a week into my fluoxetine and I'm feeling a little more anxiety atm,ik its supposedly gets worse before getting better :).plus started low carb like 3 days ago so the transition is making me feel a little ***** atm,ty for your reply.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Possibly more anxiety as your keen for things to happen quickly - who knows just take it easy on yourself and I hope that it eases off soon x

Mia4554

Yeh it takes a couple of weeks usually for the medication to start helping. It's really hard but just try to keep reassuring yourself that you have taken steps to improve things for yourself and that in time it will get better. Do you have any local services that can offer CBT or mindfulness courses or anything? I did a living well with long term illness course near me that was based on cbt and managing the emotional struggles etc. They also do anxiety and depression related ones near me that I have heard really good things about so if there is anything like that near you may be worth a look. As Juicyj said, take it easy on yourself and give yourself time to get used to changes. Hope things get better quickly for you x