Anyone Want To Snapchat

Oscar_Emms

Just wondering if any T1 Teens (Male/Female) wanted to chat on snapchat about Diabetes or just anything

I have been type 1 for half a year now and am starting the pump training and I could do with some guidance/reviews or recommendations any would be appreciated

*Edited by a moderator to remove ID.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @Oscar_Emms - on a safety note we do not encourage our younger forum members to share personal information as sadly some people are not who they claim to be, so we try to encourage online safety at all times. We have a wealth of experience here so if there’s anything anyone can help with please use the forum to chat to others :)

Reactions: Kittycat_7_

Oscar_Emms

I understand and I am very careful online I have had counselling training and I deal with this stuff in my school all the time and if I were to ever ask for anyone to message me on another social media other than here I would make sure that they have been on the page for a while and have actually posted something diabetes related if I still thought it was unsafe obviously I wouldn't add them I guess I understand I just have an urge to talk to someone who is actually like me I am struggling quite a bit especially recently with learning all the pump stuff it's all very Overwhelming and I thought it would be better if I were to talk to some people; not necessarily diabetes related, so I can talk mowing that that person who is talking has gone through what I have and understand because I feel like any diabetic would but I will take your word for it. Besides all that anyone can talk to me here and anyone who would take time to just read And reply to me would be greatly appreciated

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear you are struggling @Oscar_Emms - i think it’s safe to say a lot of us have struggled with this too, it’s a needy relentless condition to live with at times, did your counselling help in any way ?

I personally have found exercise to be a good way to manage, the fact it releases endorphins which makes me feel better is a big plus.

I also use a pump and have found this to be a big positive as it reduced my anxiety with injecting, it’s also helped with exercise as I can change my basal pattern to suit.

Feel free to chat away, we all understand what it’s like.