What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another late post - eldest daughter invited us round for dinner tonight. This is a wonderful treat, especially now she has embraced lchf and stopped Slimming world.
@shelley262 that’s a sterling effort on the recipe booklet I’m really looking forward to seeing it. Good luck with the cholesterol results, and @Goonergal good luck with the HbA1c. Even if I have a vague idea beforehand I don’t think I’ll ever get over the ‘waiting for results nerves’ Glad its not A levels again though.

@jayney27 yoga is great, it always makes me feel so much better afterwards. My tip is not to eat for at least 3 hrs prior to your class - it makes me feel quite sick if I eat any closer to it.
Your mug bread looks great - My daughter showed me a recipe for it she wanted to try, is it JenniferBanz?

Better stop waffling and get on with it..
B: Smoked salmon, scrambled egg and avocado.
L: Poached salmon fillet, few prawns, mayo and the other 1/2 avocado.
D: My daughter made keto beefburgers - they had garlic and feta cheese in amongst other ingredients and were super. We had them in a lettuce wrap, with salad and a large mushroom stuffed with stilton and walnuts. The chaps had buns and chips, ours looked so much nicer.
Hi my mug bread was the recipe on DietDoctor in the what’s new section, almond and coconut flour, baking powder, salt and an egg and cream, I added onion salt in place of normal salt, it was great for quickness and tasted fine.
Your burgers sound wonderful by the way.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi my mug bread was the recipe on DietDoctor in the what’s new section, almond and coconut flour, baking powder, salt and an egg and cream, I added onion salt in place of normal salt, it was great for quickness and tasted fine.
Your burgers sound wonderful by the way.

Thanks, I ‘ll give them both a go, they sound quite similar apart from the cream.

Geoffno6

Food has become a strange business for me. It’s now 5pm and I’ve not got around to eating my lunch, that would never have happened back in my carby days. I’ve also taken delivery of coconut flour, psyllium husk and other weird foods. Oh for a big bag of toffee popcorn and some Haribos. But ..... I’ve been in the 7s since mid morning

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Food has become a strange business for me. It’s now 5pm and I’ve not got around to eating my lunch, that would never have happened back in my carby days. I’ve also taken delivery of coconut flour, psyllium husk and other weird foods. Oh for a big bag of toffee popcorn and some Haribos. But ..... I’ve been in the 7s since mid morning

It’s strange getting your head round these new ingredients isn’t it? I thought it was expensive at first but actually they seem to last ages so after the initial outlay it’s fine.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t really miss bread much so it’s odd that today I had 2 meals with different bread substitutes:
B: Oopsie roll toasted and topped with cream cheese, smoked salmon and a poached egg. Coffee and cream

L: 90 second microwave bread made into a croque monsieur. It worked really well plus my pre and post bgs were identical so this is definitely a keeper.

http://jenniferbanz.com/90-second-microwave-bread

D; will be steak, celeriac chips and salad with olive oil and acv dressing.

Hope everyone’s had a lovely day.
IMG_5383.jpg
IMG_5388.jpg

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jayney27 I always enjoyed Yoga, you've reminded me that I really should get back to it.

So the treat of 70% orange chocolate from Hotel Chocolat was a very bad idea as it has kicked off the most incredible cravings today. I am very proud of myself though because I have not given in, even when I went to Tesco and wanted to eat all the food in sight! Oh to eat a Lidl croissant again.

Eyesight is back to normal and I'm feeling much better so things looking up, I just hope I have the strength to work through these cravings until they go away.

Food today was
B-Raspberries and extra thick double cream
L-Nothing
D - Chicken fajitas without the tortillas, cheese and soured cream. Will finish up the 70% today and never, ever, go back to it.
I think that I'm probably eating way too much dairy fat.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. Started the day early - 5.15 - hoping to walk the dogs before rain - lost that battle. Spent part of the day looking for walking gear for autumn and winter - waterproof trouser, neck gaiters etc. All now found. When it cleared up I walked the dogs while Mrs P cooked a keto bolognese type dish found on a website - not her fault but all I can say is it was food Jim but not as we know it:arghh: Menu below:
Pre Breakfast Lots of tea - up well before 6 to walk dogs before rain but it beat me
Breakfast: More tea
Mid morning snack: Almond milk frothy coffee using the bean to cup gizmo Mrs P likes; 0 Cal 0 Carb vanilla syrup
Lunch: Avocado and Mackerel salad; water
Afternoon snack: Water
Evening meal: Keto meat sauce and broccoli rice with grated cheese; blackberry and apple crumble with Fage 5%; water

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t really miss bread much so it’s odd that today I had 2 meals with different bread substitutes:
B: Oopsie roll toasted and topped with cream cheese, smoked salmon and a poached egg. Coffee and cream

L: 90 second microwave bread made into a croque monsieur. It worked really well plus my pre and post bgs were identical so this is definitely a keeper.

Hope everyone’s had a lovely day. View attachment 28100View attachment 28101
Microwave bread looks great will add a link to bread stuff in booklet ! Whoops it’s getting longer that booklet!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all lovely family day today and now in charge of youngest sons precious puppy whilst he and partner are at festival. We have him till Monday he’s so lovely and chirpy planning long walk in a bit
Breakfast fried egg on one slice LC toast
Lunch lodough quiche, salads and lc seeded crispbreads with pate and cheese
Dinner chicken and salads followed by last clafoutis with a few raspberries and double cream
Felt on tenterhooks re cholesterol results in background all day but no phone call and no results online if don’t appear tomorrow will pop in to surgery and see if receptionist will agree to let me have them!
@jayney27 hope you’ve got your copy of draft booklet now? Let me know if not - don’t know what went wrong with sending but hoping it’s there now?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

@DJC3 Bread looks really good but those images could cause ructions in the P household! All the images of ersatz bread look amazing like yours do. I show them to Mrs P who, bless her heart, tries to make them. Often they look fine but I cannot for the life of me like any of them. If I say to Mrs P but these people make them and they enjoy them I fear I may end up wearing a saucepan or carving knife. Who knew this thread should carry a health warning:arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jayney27 I always enjoyed Yoga, you've reminded me that I really should get back to it.

So the treat of 70% orange chocolate from Hotel Chocolat was a very bad idea as it has kicked off the most incredible cravings today. I am very proud of myself though because I have not given in, even when I went to Tesco and wanted to eat all the food in sight! Oh to eat a Lidl croissant again.

Eyesight is back to normal and I'm feeling much better so things looking up, I just hope I have the strength to work through these cravings until they go away.

Food today was
B-Raspberries and extra thick double cream
L-Nothing
D - Chicken fajitas without the tortillas, cheese and soured cream. Will finish up the 70% today and never, ever, go back to it.
I think that I'm probably eating way too much dairy fat.
Hope the cravings soon subside.
I’m looking forward to starting Yoga I’ve never done it before so am a little nervous .

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all lovely family day today and now in charge of youngest sons precious puppy whilst he and partner are at festival. We have him till Monday he’s so lovely and chirpy planning long walk in a bit
Breakfast fried egg on one slice LC toast
Lunch lodough quiche, salads and lc seeded crispbreads with pate and cheese
Dinner chicken and salads followed by last clafoutis with a few raspberries and double cream
Felt on tenterhooks re cholesterol results in background all day but no phone call and no results online if don’t appear tomorrow will pop in to surgery and see if receptionist will agree to let me have them!
@jayney27 hope you’ve got your copy of draft booklet now? Let me know if not - don’t know what went wrong with sending but hoping it’s there now?
Hi yes I have it now thank you x

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I will try this recipe to compare with the diet doctor Keto mug bread I tried yesterday, yours looks great especially the toastie x

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Awful start to the day weather wise but it brightened up this afternoon
B was a peanut butter smoothie which I took to work
Planned to eat at workplace restaurant today but last minute change to my day meant that didn’t happen, this then meant I’ve fasted for most of the day, totally unplanned but coped fine
Rooibos tea and half a PhD smart bar at 1.45pm
Cappacino when I got home from work
D broccoli rice and chicken tikka masala with 1 poppadom glass of red

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Bread looks really good but those images could cause ructions in the P household! All the images of ersatz bread look amazing like yours do. I show them to Mrs P who, bless her heart, tries to make them. Often they look fine but I cannot for the life of me like any of them. If I say to Mrs P but these people make them and they enjoy them I fear I may end up wearing a saucepan or carving knife. Who knew this thread should carry a health warning:arghh:

I can understand your disappointment with the bread-free bread. I used to enjoy a dense stoneground wholemeal and these are nothing like that. The 90 second bread reminded me a bit of when I had a breadmaker and occasionally the bread didn’t rise very well and came out a bit wet and spongy. Mind you I quite liked that too!

This Croque monsieur may float your boat a bit better though as there were a lot of other strong flavours: a very strong cheddar, butcher’s home cooked ham and it was fried in a load of butter so the bread was reduced to a crispy vehicle for those flavours.

Its never going to be bread but I thought it did its job pretty well.

Poor long suffering Mrs P, she must hate it when you come to her with yet another recipe from this site.