Basal Concern Levimer

Rox000

My daughter 19 t1 is on levimer twice daily. We were going fine on 15 am and 10 pm until hormones kicked in (i think)and she began dropping during the night up to 8 points.
So with me adjusting pm basal to avoid these huge drops im now administering 15 am and 5 pm ....night time she is still dropping infact i have just tested and shes already dropped 3 points in 3 hrs with me lowering to 5units only tonight.
Anyone got any advice on what to do to avoid these huge night time drops?
My daughter has disabilities and i am her full time carer. She is not hypo aware so i am up testing her each night.
R.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Rox000, You really need to be speaking with her DSN and doctor to help you with this.
Both with dose adjustment and to figure out why this is all happening. Please do not delay in seeking professional help for your daughter.
There are a number of possible reasons for why this is happening to your daughter but speculation is not likely to be helpful.
We on site cannot give you medical advice or opinion. Please let us know how things go.
Best Wishes for a speedy resolution.

Rox000

hey kite i did phone my dsn and she mentioned hormones as the likely culprit.
im still reducing and am now down to 14u am 4 u nocte but still experiencing significant night time drops.
She has her endo appt in two weeks definately will bring it up then.
shame i havent heard from anyone else on the forum that has had anything similar occur to them.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Rox000, It could be that those that have experienced something like this are uncertain whether their situation applies to your daughter. For example I have heard of reduced insulin requirements with early pregnancy, reduced kidney function, much increased exercise, possible thyroid or other hormone problems, but there is need for professional assessment to sort through all possible causes. that would apply to your daughter specifically. (sources of this knowledge are diabetes education pamphlets and on line diabetes education e.g. diabetes UK, Diabetes Australia)
It appears that you are doing what is best for your daughter by reducing her risk of hypos and may the endo appointment provide some answers soon. Best Wishes.