Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Re: iPhone Apps - any recommendations

What's a iPhone, it's not that many years ago that I got a mobile phone! :|

Nigel

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.

With an iphone you do not need the battery in a ruck sack anymore ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

sugarless sue said:
With an iphone you do not need the battery in a ruck sack anymore ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it you've seen my phone then! :cry:

Nigel

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.

Yep.....housebrick ! :lol: :lol:

jameshallam

Carbs & Cals

I recently downloaded the Carbs & Cals app for the iphone. It's the same as the book, but in digital format. Best thing I ever spent £4.99 on! the pictures are great when in a restaurant and having trouble guestimating the carbs in a meal. The other good thing about it is that it is British (well contains British food anyway), some of the others I have used are very American-ised.

I've been through quite a few carb counting apps, and this is by far the best. Just thought I would share...

brakes

blood sugar diary android app?

Hi,

I am looking for an app for my android that will log.my blood sugar levels and carbon intake
I have on track which is great but I can't seem to draw up reports linking the two

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

tommyj

Been told I'm getting one of these

Yeah - Ive been told that I can get one of these in July/August, they really look like Rover's Testes:

ibgstar.com/web/ibgstar

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
Re: iPhone-Android-Blackberry Phone apps

is there a price for that i phone meter? looks interesting

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D

Another Iphone App I found, and it's FREE
glasses10.gif

Description

DAFNE Online is a support network for people with Type 1 Diabetes who have attended the Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating course - providing news, forums, carbohydrate lists and an online blood glucose diary.

itunes.apple.com/us/app/dafne-online/id387219270?mt=8

And the Diabetes Buddy Lite (also FREE)

itunes.apple.com/us/app/diabetes-buddy-lite-control/id387337850?mt=8

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Not diabetes related, but totally wonderful - iPhone game 'Tiny Wings'. 59p. App Store description:
You have always dreamed of flying - but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beatiful hills. Use the hills as jumps - slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment - until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror

MegaMan said:
Another Iphone App I found, and it's FREE
glasses10.gif

Description

DAFNE Online is a support network for people with Type 1 Diabetes who have attended the Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating course - providing news, forums, carbohydrate lists and an online blood glucose diary.

itunes.apple.com/us/app/dafne-online/id387219270?mt=8

And the Diabetes Buddy Lite (also FREE)

itunes.apple.com/us/app/diabetes-buddy-lite-control/id387337850?mt=8
But my i phone wont let me down load it, need up grade, 'bish'!

rosscortb

Android app

Hi

Just wondering if any one has been using a diabetes app through google android apps ( not iphone) particular one that allows you to work out carb to insulin ratio?

Thanks

Ross

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Android app

I've literally JUST downloaded a free app on Android called OnTrack. Don't know exactly what it has insulin/carb wise - but it looks like a pretty good app.

rubu.thomson

The iPhone App contains all of the 1,200 images and relevant data from the Carbs & Cals book. It also features a search function, automatic meal calculator and built-in calendar. This is so useful!! I have been using it for the last couple of months or so, it's fantastic!!

spideog

Re: Android app

Patch said:
I've literally JUST downloaded a free app on Android called OnTrack. Don't know exactly what it has insulin/carb wise - but it looks like a pretty good app.
OnTrack is very good. Been using it to record all my numbers for a good while now.

I would encourage anyone with an Android phone to send a mail to the Carbs & Cals people asking them about an Android app to try and help persuade them to make a version for us, rather than just having the current FruitPhone version available.
http://www.carbsandcals.com/AppFaq.aspx

There are more non-Apple based phones users out there but some developers seem to forget about the rest of us.

stevespalding

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
iPhone-Android-Blackberry Phone apps

I have written a free iPhone / iPad / iPod touch application called simply "HbA1c" which does this.

The app is completely free to download and use.

The app converts your HbA1c level (either DCCT Percentage or IFCC mmol/mol) to estimated average blood glucose (eAG) levels (either in mmol/l or mg/dl) and vice versa. The application adopts the equation suggested by the ADA (American Diabetes Association) which phoenix has already mentioned above.

As already mentioned the formula and any calculators / apps that are based on them are never 100% accurate and only give a rough guide.

Any feedback about this app is welcome, as are ideas for another.

http://www.itunes.com/app/hba1c

jameshallam

Just downloaded the DAFNE online app (mentioned above)... It's really good!
It's essientially the same as the old fashioned paper DAFNE diaries but on iphone/ipod... it can work out your insulin requirements (if you enter your ratios) and gives youa summary of last 7,14,30 days.

I've made a few suggestions to the developers about how to improve it - but I've been converted from Glucose Buddy already...

sugarmummy13

carb counting apps for the i phone

Hi All

Can anyone recommend any carb counting apps for the i phone? Heard there was a really good one which gives you pictures to work out portion sizes without weighing the food, but can't remember who told me about it.

Thank you