Milk

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
all the little plastic pots of 'milk' I see in the cafes round here are not milk, they are a vegetable substitute. I dont have them.

Reactions: Julie27318

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sugars are often another word for carbs. All carbs turn to sugar (glucose) in our bodies.
But what i don't get is if we don't eat or only have low amounts of carbs we control our sugars but the liver makes glucose!!!so we r fighting a losing battle aren't we?

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the alpro unsweetened yogurt which has 0g sugars and 0.1g carbohydrates over some berries and sugar free jelly for puddings, so super yummy :)

Reactions: Julie27318

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do.....but they didn't have labels on and like i said i don't have them since i got Diabetes
I mean on everything... then you will see what the carb contents of various food types are. If you get into the habit of doing that you'll soon find out what foods have sugars and carbs and which have less then you can adjust your shopping habits to match.

M

Moggely

I have never heard of alpro unsweetened yogurt, been trying to find a zero carb version of it. Maybe haven't really had too much of a look or they may not have it in Australia. The jelly i get is Aeroplane jelly lite. Zero sugar and 0.1 carbs. Winner in my book. Little bit of cream or double cream and you have a nice dessert. Never have milk so can't comment on that one.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it depends how many carbs you want to eat - I tend to have full fat milk in my tea, coffee, cheese sauce etc

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just started using watered down cream in tea instead of milk. It saves me a few grams of carbs a day...every little helps. :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just started using watered down cream in tea instead of milk. It saves me a few grams of carbs a day...every little helps. :)
As tea contains water why not just use less cream?

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never heard of alpro unsweetened yogurt, been trying to find a zero carb version of it. Maybe haven't really had too much of a look or they may not have it in Australia. The jelly i get is Aeroplane jelly lite. Zero sugar and 0.1 carbs. Winner in my book. Little bit of cream or double cream and you have a nice dessert. Never have milk so can't comment on that one.

We have it in the UK

Attachments

• 398485011_0_640x640.jpg
    398485011_0_640x640.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 83