Milk

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As tea contains water why not just use less cream?
Because the mixture cools it down more quickly so it is ready to drink and tastes nicer. Also I can't be sure to get the right amount of cream if I just add a dash. This way if I make up enough for a day or so in a jug I know exactly how many carbs I am having. I'm not usually this fussy but I have only been doing keto for a month so I need to measure to make sure I am going to stay in ketosis.

Reactions: geefull

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker This is from their website

Our products Plant based alternative to yogurt

Plain Unsweetened

You asked us and we delivered. Introducing Alpro Plain Unsweetened - all the taste of our soya alternative to yogurt but with Zero sugars! Try it at breakfast topped with fresh fruit and nuts or in your favourite savoury recipes

Reactions: michita and zand

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because the mixture cools it down more quickly so it is ready to drink and tastes nicer. Also I can't be sure to get the right amount of cream if I just add a dash. This way if I make up enough for a day or so in a jug I know exactly how many carbs I am having. I'm not usually this fussy but I have only been doing keto for a month so I need to measure to make sure I am going to stay in ketosis.
Fair enough, good answer.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Plain Unsweetened

You asked us and we delivered. Introducing Alpro Plain Unsweetened - all the taste of our soya alternative to yogurt but with Zero sugars! Try it at breakfast topped with fresh fruit and nuts or in your favourite savoury recipes

I buy alpro plain yogurt. 2or 3g carbs per 100g and its the lowest carb yogurt I can find in supermarkets.

I also use alpro unsweetened soya or almond milk for my coffee (says carb nil per 100g). It's nice to be able to enjoy milked coffee without worrying about bs rise. :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Plain Unsweetened

you may find this amusing... or then again maybe not!

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So does Almond milk not contain sugar then?
Hi
You can get sugar free nut milk but unless you were lactose intolerant why give up a useful source of vitamins, fat and protein? Vitamin D deficiency is rampant in the UK and has been linked to higher rates of type 2. Just don't drink mega lattes or milkshakes because the actual amount of carb is small and not as quickly absorbed as glucose e.g. bread. I don't work for Dairy Crest by the way!

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I was have problems with milk but now I take coffee with 36g of caw milk without problem
1524269369678.jpg

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
caw milk? please can you explain?
Yes I use caw milk now but not a lot just 36g
Each time often a few times a day
Edit :
For example today I ate lunch and drank some coffee with milk and ate a little fruit and repeat a little fruit. After two hours it became blood sugar 5.4mmol 104mg/dl

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I use caw milk now but not a lot just 36g
Each time often a few times a day
Edit :
For example today I ate lunch and drank some coffee with milk and ate a little fruit and repeat a little fruit. After two hours it became blood sugar 5.4mmol 104mg/dl
what is caw milk? is it a type of nut juice?