No Free Speech No Support

MrGrumpyD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All these questions !
This site dose nothing but stamp on your thoughts and ideas ...people in here are like fanatics and don’t see when ur in stress and just add duke to the fire .......
This being the third time I have tried to open up on here to be shout down again by a mod who changed my entire blog ........

So .....today I am taking my insulin for last time....I won’t be going through the quad by pass I was trying to ask and find help for

and I am not coming back to you lot for support as it don’t happen

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Don’t do that Mr D!
Why are you trying to get a quad bypass? I thought they were given urgently if they were required.
You seem miserably cross: is this your alter ego, an assumed pose, or have you been feeling grumpy for a long time?

Reactions: porl69

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey don't do that. I thought your blog was excellent, though hard to read as you have had such a tough time.

Please stay around. It takes all sorts to make a good forum. :)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@MrGrumpyD

Come on do you really think that not taking insulin is going to solve your problems ?? It will do you more harm than good.

Are you getting any counselling for your health issues ?

Don’t give up now, folks here are supporting you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrGrumpyD

I am sorry that you are feeling unsupported and depressed, and I would urge you to seek professional help, especially if you are considering not taking your insulin - since that will cause you very serious further problems in the long run.

Unfortunately, forums are, by their nature, limited in they capacity for support, particularly when (in order to protect our members) we have forum rules to prevent members from giving out personal, identifiable details which could be used for unscrupulous purposes to identify, stalk, harrass, con or persecute.

Anyone is welcome to post and seek as much support as forum members can provide within the privacy and protective rules of the forum, but if they want tailored help involving personal names and other identifiable details then they should seek a professional for it, since it is beyond the scope of this (or any) forum to provide that level of care.

Sometimes it is difficult to know what the forum can, and cannot, provide. So I would urge everyone to refresh themselves on the forum rules (link in my signature) to understand the privacy requirements and limitations, as well as the extent of the member-to-member support available.

Last edited:

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi Mr d
I'm grumpy but in the flesh and its quite hard to be angry on a forum but you appear to be!
I know nothing about a quad bypass but have 44 years of experience being a type 1.
My neighbour has had a successful quad bypass caused by high cholesterol and am happy to ask him any questions you might have.
He's in his 50s so not old not diabetic and a big drinker.

If I can help please feel free to ask.

Tony

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
This site dose nothing but stamp on your thoughts and ideas ...people in here are like fanatics and don’t see when ur in stress and just add duke to the fire .......
This being the third time I have tried to open up on here to be shout down again by a mod who changed my entire blog ........

So .....today I am taking my insulin for last time....I won’t be going through the quad by pass I was trying to ask and find help for

I hope you can find peace and calm, we know type 1 is 24/7 and a pain, not easy st times, even when we try to do everything right.
Maybe by changing your username, it might, just might, help your emotional outlook ?
I sincerely wish you all the best.

Reactions: Cumberland
M

Moggely

Hi Grumpy i have never seen your blog but would love to. I know little about type 1 and even less about quad. I'm commenting on your thread because i would love you to stay. Please don't stop taking your insulin:( and i for one will support you as i'm sure many others will also. It is a busy forum i'm finding out. Maybe even some of your posts were missed i have been told that due to being busy.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In all my years here I haven't seen any behaviour from mods that would be classed as unsupportive......

We are all keen to support each other in any way its needed.....

Please stay and of course take all your medication....

Reactions: Robinredbreast

BrixtonType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

That’s sounds like your crying out for help try do things with friends and family that can take your mind of things for a while. You need to find enjoyment that you like and spend time doing I have to be honest type 1 will not make your life good or bad that your choice

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey don't go. I read your blog and it was a tough read not because it wasn't well written and articulate but just because of what you have gone through. I felt totally unqualified to comment so I didn't. I have seen plenty of grumpy and frustrated rants on here so I am hoping someone might tell you why yours wasn't allowed. Perhaps you can explain more since I think some of us might be puzzled.....

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey don't go. I read your blog and it was a tough read not because it wasn't well written and articulate but just because of what you have gone through. I felt totally unqualified to comment so I didn't. I have seen plenty of grumpy and frustrated rants on here so I am hoping someone might tell you why yours wasn't allowed. Perhaps you can explain more since I think some of us might be puzzled.....

In line with the ethos and rules of this community, the OP was informed of the reasons his post was edited, and the blog entry had the standard edited message appended to it. The OP then chose to remove the post from the site.

Reactions: zand

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
I think the OP may be a happier person, should he choose to leave the forum. JMO