Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning.
I haven't been testing the last week or so because of an infection. No point wasting strips to tell me that my body's temporarily up the spout! Better now, though.
Glad you are feeling better, also, good advice, I think people may be tempted to test more frequently if they are feeling poorly but you are right, for most of us, feeling under the weather = higher numbers = a bit more stress = even higher numbers = waste of money/strips, I will remember this advice next time and wait until feeling better before resuming testing for myself.

Reactions: chancellors

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.2 for me, going for an x-ray on my leg cos of infection, oh the thrills and spills of the rock n roll lifestyle that is diabetes, standing in the queue in the sweetie shop - "Let me through, I'm a diabetic" , hehe.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried almond milk? Works well for me and has less sugar.
ive bought six cartons of morrisons organic unsweetened soy milk so might delay the almond milk trial for a while !
from the carbs and calories book by chris cheyettte and yello balolia.
almond milk 5grams carbs 36 calories,1 g protein,2 g fat
soy milk unsweetened 1 gram carbs 39 calories 4 g protein 2 g fat
both for 150 grams

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
I have not seen the old aboriginal feller that lived on the land back of the showgrounds, they built a big disaster evacuation centre there. He was a tribal medicine man according to one of his sons.

Maybe vanished by one off his own spells