Lily

Farrowlily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone got a bit of a strange one having trouble with my skin on my arms feel really prickly like a lot of needles itchy and sore was given epimax by docs but seems to activate it any ideas

S

Sani Thomas

Hi everyone got a bit of a strange one having trouble with my skin on my arms feel really prickly like a lot of needles itchy and sore was given epimax by docs but seems to activate it any ideas
Same here. At times during the day I have a pricking persistent itchiness either on my upper arms or my legs. It is hard to ignore, but after a while it settles until it appears again some time later. Can't associate it with anything.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I got terrible itching all around my body and upper arms and down the side of my legs when taking Metformin and a statin. It went away within days of stopping the tablets but I had to keep my nails really short for weeks or I would find weals when I woke up.

Farrowlily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for your replies I think I'm going to have to mention it to the doctor I take 1000 metformin a day but have been on them a long time fingers crossed they can help

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I get severe burning itch in my upper arms occasionally. It's in my bones, like fire sometimes!
I was prescribed antihistamines, but sometimes that is not enough!
Putting ice on the affected area does work (sometimes!)