Shaking

Pauliegreg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone.

Just a quickie.

I've just been to the nurse for a blood test (following a course of tablets) and she noticed I was shaking and sweating. She thought I was having a hypo but my bloods were fine, so she's made me an appointment with a doctor this afternoon to see if it's anything to worry about.

To be honest I'm a bit worried. What can it be? It's it just a side effect of my diabetes? It happens maybe once a week and after a couple of hours rest the shaking stops.
Should I be worried? I worry about everything lol.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Pauliegreg It doesn't sound like a hypo as your blood glucose levels were fine, however if your blood glucose levels were dropping quickly then it may well of been a false hypo, however this is purely a guess. Your best course of action is to get checked over thoroughly by your GP and see what they say as it really could be anything and quite possibly not related to your diabetes, good luck with your appointment and let us know how you get on ?

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, shaking can be caused by vitamin B deficiency, especially vit B12. If it IS this then it`s easily cured with diet or a supplement. Either way no real point in worrying (although I know it`s hard not to). Chris.

bamba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It can also be a side effect of some blood pressure medication such as calcium uptake blockers.

Pauliegreg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Turns out it's nothing to do with my diabetes, turns out the shakes are down to anxiety! I need to stop stressing over everything.

Reactions: Rosiegough_

Pauliegreg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How wrong was I.
It turns out that the shaking was due to an infection, nothing to do with anxiety. The gp should have checked the results of the blood test that I had the week before where it shows that I had a raging infection rather than just jump to conclusions.
I've been in hospital since last Tuesday, only just come off intravenous antibiotics today and switched to oral. Might be getting home tomorrow or the day after.
Think it's time to change my gp!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How wrong was I.
It turns out that the shaking was due to an infection, nothing to do with anxiety. The gp should have checked the results of the blood test that I had the week before where it shows that I had a raging infection rather than just jump to conclusions.
I've been in hospital since last Tuesday, only just come off intravenous antibiotics today and switched to oral. Might be getting home tomorrow or the day after.
Think it's time to change my gp!

Wow! That's all rather shocking. Hadn't you felt under the weather at all?

Pauliegreg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! That's all rather shocking. Hadn't you felt under the weather at all?
All I'd felt was the shaking, big tremors. I was finding it hard to walk because of them, but didn't feel particularly ill or anything.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All I'd felt was the shaking, big tremors. I was finding it hard to walk because of them, but didn't feel particularly ill or anything.

That's both astonishing and worrying too, but I'm guessing you wouldn't be ignoring any further shaking!

I do hope you recover well and quickly.

Pauliegreg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally on my way home after 10 days in the hospital.
Will be so glad to get home.

Reactions: Diakat