Type 2 Anyone Out There Who Don't See Bs Reduction On Lchf?

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to watch my protein levels as protein spikes me via gluconeogenisis and glucagon. I’m carnivore ( meat only) these days but I eat a much higher % of fat than protein.
Cheese and dairy made me very insulin resistant.

Play with your macros. And ditch dairy Ike @bulkbiker suggested.
Just meat ??

But things like chicken and fish have so much proteins. How do you avoid having more protein

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just meat ??

But things like chicken and fish have so much proteins. How do you avoid having more protein
I eat more fat than protein. Heavier fatty meats. I don’t eat a lot of food in the first place somits easy for me. Basically 2 small meals and a little snacking.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only fasts bring it to low 5

If this works...you might want to leverage more of that. Skip dinner for a couple of days in a row. Once a week is probably good enough to reset your baseline fasting glucose since you are generally low carb.

Is there a reason you keep only to lean meat? A balance diet would mean having balanced sources of fats...we either fuel ourselves with glucose or fats...

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If this works...you might want to leverage more of that. Skip dinner for a couple of days in a row. Once a week is probably good enough to reset your baseline fasting glucose since you are generally low carb.

Is there a reason you keep only to lean meat? A balance diet would mean having balanced sources of fats...we either fuel ourselves with glucose or fats...
I don't eat beaf. My meat is really chicken and fish.

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat more fat than protein. Heavier fatty meats. I don’t eat a lot of food in the first place somits easy for me. Basically 2 small meals and a little snacking.
I need to have atleat 1500 calories as I don't want to loose weight

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Trying not having any dairy for a few weeks, as your body may be reacting to it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to watch my protein levels as protein spikes me via gluconeogenisis and glucagon. I’m carnivore ( meat only) these days but I eat a much higher % of fat than protein.
Cheese and dairy made me very insulin resistant.

Play with your macros. And ditch dairy Ike @bulkbiker suggested.

Sorry to derail this thread - apologies all round, but just want to say to @Kristin251 welcome back - you have been missed. :)

Reactions: nsh2111 and Juicyj