London to Paris bike ride

taylor marley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, This is my first ever message on this site, so please excuse me if I do it all completely wrong.

I am type 2 and have been for 5 years now. I am on metformin and Byetta. Not well controlled. Anyway enough about me.

\my son is 18 and has just entered his first sponsored bike ride from London to Paris in July. He is raising money for Diabetes UK and needs to raise a mimimum of £1,500. Does anyone have any idea where he can start with his sponsorship?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi and welcome to the forum, does your son know there is a train that goes from London the Paris now and it only takes 2 hours :wink:

On a more serious note I know a few people who have done marathons and stuff for charity and they found that the Just Giving web site is a great tool for getting sponsorship, its easy to set up a 'Your Page' then come back here and let us know the address and I'm sure some of the members here will sponsor him.

Go to http://www.justgiving.com/ for all the details, all they do is charity web sites and it seems to be the way forward for sponsorship nowadays.

Good luck :D

ps. to show you what the pages look like here is one that has been set up to raise money for the Help For Heroes charity....http://www.justgiving.com/helpforheroes

taylor marley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Sid Bonkers,

Thankyou for your reply, it was a great help. He has set up a website now which is doitforcharity/scamilleri if anyone would like to sponsor him that would be really fantastic. And your right, a train would be much quicker.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi again, the link you posted to your sons do it for charity page only takes you to the main do it for charity page, have you posted the correct link?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thats much clearer, thanks. Donation made :D

Wishing your son good luck

Sid

taylor marley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Sid,

That is absolutely fantastic, thank you so much.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Julie and Simon XX