JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
151 Lb this week so another pound down heading back down toward my preferred weight of 147 Lb.

Reactions: Prem51

jenner68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I weighed 13st4 this morning. I have lost just over a stone since I was first diagnosed at the end of May.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Any diabetic in your past circumstances should be referred to you and not a bariatric surgeon.
Get yourself a business from your portfolio. Many need you and like you as mentors.

I'm in awe of your achievement to date.

Keep going. :)

Wow amazing.. well done!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So I’ve been in hospital having had my gall bladder removed I lost 9 lb last week and 6 this week. It could be my new scales but the 6 lb this week was definitely on my new scales I have not really been wanting to eat since surgery and I’ve not drank much tea. I self confessed tea addict I’ve reduced from around 10 cups a day min to 1 if any
Plenty of water thou... right?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
As soon as uniform costs all gone I'm in for new scales. I might glue a pair to the floorboards so the 3 men (little, medium and big) in my house cannot move them without huge effort.
Digital number just constantly changing and then 'error' comes up.
It all started when 5yr old peeled the sticky feet off. Humf!
Getting weighed on tuesday with GP nurse then on Wednesday before endoscopy.
A strict bank holiday weekend with my red salmon and nuts now stocked in at home. A bit Red Leicester to nibble on before bed.

Oops, I forgot eggs in my shopping. I'll have to wait til Thursday now. :(

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening fellow scale crushers
Whoops forgot to weigh on Friday so crushed them scales this morning.
14st 7lb down 2lb I think I can't remember.
Have a salad munching week forks and no nipping round the chippy when nobody's watching.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got a battery for my scales yesterday afternoon, so here I am a day late.
My weight loss has stalled, nothing lost for two weeks now :( Not sure what to do?
We go away a week Monday so not going to worry til we get back mid September, but then I need to formulate a plan. Less fat, more walking not sure, any suggestions gratefully received! Should be easier once my kids are back at Uni, less coffee shop visits with smuggled in phd or similar bars which tend to be high cal!

Started 115kg 9th May ‘17
Today 76.9kg 25th Aug ‘18 (one day late)
Total lost = 38.1kg/6 stone

M

Moggely

I think we all have a stall "now that rhymed" Now and again. I actually ate more and lost, i think my body saw it as tricked, so finally got to my ideal weight. 57 kilo's. Actually 3 days ago it was 56. so i ate full avocado's,cheeses,nuts,cream it was wonderful. Back up to 57. I really don't want to lose more, so just maintain it. Good luck Rachox. It will soon start to come off again and you have done beautifully so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight loss has stalled, nothing lost for two weeks now :( Not sure what to do?
We go away a week Monday so not going to worry til we get back mid September, but then I need to formulate a plan. Less fat, more walking not sure, any suggestions gratefully received! Should be easier once my kids are back at Uni, less coffee shop visits with smuggled in phd or similar bars which tend to be high cal!

Just a change of food and routine might do it. Or some intermittent fasting.

Reactions: rainbow79

AllieRainbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You have done amazingly well so far - everyone has a stall sometimes, it is very common. I would suggest either eating more or doing a fast if you want to change the amount you are eating.

Change the exercise you are doing if you can do any, drink more water perhaps. If you are logging what you are eating accurately and you are eating to lose weight, just keep going and eventually you will start to lose again. Do you do measurements? If you have increased your exercise recently it could be water retention due to inflamed muscles, or it could be that you have developed more muscle - measuring your waist and, if you wish, other points - hips, thighs, arms - every few weeks will help keep you motivated even if the scales are not shifting for a few weeks - often it is building muscle at the same time as losing fat that makes us appear to stall but actually decrease in measurements.

Enjoy your holiday, I am sure things will resolve soon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank for your suggestions @Moggely @AllieRainbow and @Goonergal, I have feeling exercise is the key. I’ll be walking a lot on holiday so that may even kick start things without me even trying!
I’ve never really measured myself but may take some base line measurements now and compare in a week or two.
Oh no you mentioned the ‘f’ word! ‘Fasting’, not the one you were thinking of !:joyful: Me and fasting don’t get along. I get very sad and grumpy just fasting for my blood tests :(

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 13 stone 2 ( 83kg ). Down 2lbs for me. It was hard earned, felt like l had been very good on the diet and excercise, so glad to see some movement, wont be happy until I am below 13st at least. With a target of 12.5 Stone or bmi of 23.
Have a good week all.

Last edited:

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Been 2 weeks since my last weigh in and I had to buy a new set of scales so some of my 3 lb weight loss could be down to that
But anyway it's a 3 lb loss and I am celebrating it
SW 231 lbs
CW 212 lbs
GW 130 lbs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers.

Here in Reading them their scales have been lying again I'm really 12st 8lb , but them lying cheating scales are telling me I'm 14st 10lb an increase of 3lb on last week.

Them their scales is getting very close to a little chat wif my crowbar.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Goacher55

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning. So having had my docs weight review on Wednesday where I lost 6 kg I have been in a sponsored eat fest this past week and I have put on 0.8 lb this week. It’s a new week !
I constantly have to write none weight loss days off. I'm not giving up thou. Never. Not til this weight has gone or mostly gone.

Last edited: