Type 2 Chronic Fatigue

Tony61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty,over whelming people,not being able to work...
Does any one else suffer with this,I'm type two diabetic and the fatigue really takes it out of me,i struggle with getting out of bed,but i do get up despite feeling worse than i did before i went to bed,within minutes of being up it kicks in,fighting it become a nightmare and 50% of the time i give in to to it and crash out on the spot,it is really over powering a beyond control ive seen the doctor had numerouse blood tests tried different doctors to see if opinions alter in hope of finding out the cause and nothing,does anyone else have this and is a side affect to my diabetes,each time i see a doctor they do all the blood tests and come back with nothing they dont know i am then sent away and told if it still happens come back in three months or so,this is really previnting me from doing many things i want to do,i can be sitting one moment and gone the next on a few occasions dropping my coffee on my self or my phone where i sit,any advice please...

Reactions: whitech

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Tony61. Welcome.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on July 6th. I started several medications, a low-carb diet, and swimming every second day.

While I feel so much better (BG majorly decreased, more energy) every few days I am massively exhausted. This is purely a physical exhaustion, not depression (which I have). I can't stay awake. My head droops, my eyelids close. I have to go back to sleep. Sometimes I sleep for over 12 hours (with restroom breaks).

I don't know if it's a medication side effect or the result of eating less carbs or what. I saw my doctor yesterday and apparently I have low blood pressure now, and she said it could be that.

I'm hoping it'll go away as my body gets used to everything, but yes I'm having episodes where I'm nodding off in my tracks.

jenner68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just recently I asked a similar question on this forum where when I would wake up and felt completely washed out. One of the things I found out about type 2 is about dehydration and a tip was to lick your arm and if you tasted salt it meant you were dehydrated. Also have you been checked for sleep apnea?.

Reactions: Serena51 and Tony61

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does any one else suffer with this,I'm type two diabetic and the fatigue really takes it out of me,i struggle with getting out of bed,but i do get up despite feeling worse than i did before i went to bed,within minutes of being up it kicks in,fighting it become a nightmare and 50% of the time i give in to to it and crash out on the spot,it is really over powering a beyond control ive seen the doctor had numerouse blood tests tried different doctors to see if opinions alter in hope of finding out the cause and nothing,does anyone else have this and is a side affect to my diabetes,each time i see a doctor they do all the blood tests and come back with nothing they dont know i am then sent away and told if it still happens come back in three months or so,this is really previnting me from doing many things i want to do,i can be sitting one moment and gone the next on a few occasions dropping my coffee on my self or my phone where i sit,any advice please...
have they suggested Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? its also know as ME

Tony61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
have they suggested Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? its also know as ME

No they have not suggested anything apart from come back in three months if you still have this has been two occasions ive been told to come back...

Reactions: mike.sobhy

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Tony61 welcome to the group, :) I will tag @daisy1 for her welcome info. What meds are you on? I'm not a doctor but you could have sleep apnoea if you are just dropping off!

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know that when my BG's are high I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat - and before I was diagnosed missed meals, Christmas parties ........ went home, sat down fell asleep

Reactions: Tony61

Tony61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Tony61 how are you managing your glucose? Do you know your latest HbA1c?
My last HbA1c was 59 which was included in the blood tests i had it had dropped from 68.Ive asked for testing daily with strips but cant get the help with them i was buying my own until my circumstances changed and can no longer afford too...

Reactions: Serena51

Tony61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Tony61 welcome to the group, :) I will tag @daisy1 for her welcome info. What meds are you on? I'm not a doctor but you could have sleep apnoea if you are just dropping off!
I'm maximum dosage of metformin a day which ie 2000mg a day and aloglipton 25mg a day..

Tony61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just recently I asked a similar question on this forum where when I would wake up and felt completely washed out. One of the things I found out about type 2 is about dehydration and a tip was to lick your arm and if you tasted salt it meant you were dehydrated. Also have you been checked for sleep apnea?.
No not for sleep apnea to be honest I've not even heard of it,i dehydrate all the time i have constantly a dry mouth despite taking juice to bed,and carring a bottle at all time but its difficult when out because the shortage of public toilets...

Reactions: Serena51

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before I was diagnosed I would fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Once I got my numbers down it stopped.

What are you eating in a typical day? What sort of juice are you taking to bed?

Tony61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Before I was diagnosed I would fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Once I got my numbers down it stopped.

What are you eating in a typical day? What sort of juice are you taking to bed?
Robbinsons sugar free,porridge breakfast lunch a sandwich with wholemeal bread,dinner will be a cooked meal or a salad

Tony61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
do you keep a record of roughly how many carbs you eat at each meal and add it up for a daily total, including drinks, snacks etc?
No because i dont know how too,nothing has really been explained by anyone one to me ive cut out the obvious things...

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
paging @daisy1 for her excellent advice.

also, have a look here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/ for lots of info and advice. I have around 80-100g of carbs a day. Do you have a blood glucose meter to test how different foods affect you?

It sounds like you have already made a great start to managing this.

Reactions: Tony61

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi Tony and welcome I have chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia as well as being type 2 . With chronic fatigue syndrome it can affect you at any time day or night with no warning and belief me I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
One of the signs of CFS is lack of sleep I can go days without any sleep and it is very draining on your body . You can also drop of to sleep at anytime without warning, but the worse sign of CFS is the pain , thing of the worse pain you have ever felt and times that by ten and if you have that it's is CFS. But it sounds like to me that your body is adapting to your new diagnosis and the meds and that's why your GP has recommended going back if no change after three months. When you were given the Metformin did you go straight on maximum dose or was it built up overtime ?
It is also possible that a lot of this is your mind giving these symptoms after the shock of being diagnosed it does happen .
I hope you don't suffer for to long Tony and ask as many questions as you like no question is a stupid question .
Ron

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Robbinsons sugar free,porridge breakfast lunch a sandwich with wholemeal bread,dinner will be a cooked meal or a salad
If you want to attempt low carb, which will help bring your numbers down, you should take water to bed, drop the Robinson's. Porridge can spike some people more than others. Could you change that to eggs of some sort?

You need to drop the bread for lunch. Dinner shouldn't contain potatoes or pasta.

Reactions: Ceebee2

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy