Hello!

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
As it says really, hello! just under 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed type 2. The doc explained any blood reading over 11 was definately diabetic and I was 12.4-so I still have time to make a difference and ensure it don't get a full grip on me. Today I was looking online for diet advice etc as I have made some diet changes and increased my gym activity (I go 3 times a week) to include more cardio work to try losing weight. Well I was disappointed not to have lost any in the 1st week! So to be honest I'm not going to over react I'm going to see if there are further small changes I can make, try increasing my exercise (I also play badminton in the local league), but if there is no loss next week I'll need bigger changes.

Oh and reading the general diet advice the moderators give to newbies I was surprised about the carb info! I thought rice was good, I'll look harder now at the cous cous too just in case.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the Forum, Gappy.

As the advice says check product labels for total carbohydrate content.

You soon become an expert package reader.

Cous cous is 31.4 carbs per 100 gm cooked weight BTW.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Just a post here as I want to brag! In the first week of change there was no weight loss I was disappointed. Today (2nd week) I lost 2.1kg (4.6lbs) and didn't change my routine from the week before, so I'm confused why I didn't lose weight in the first week but am forgetting that as it's now that's important and the figures are going in the right direction! Oh and we won our badminton match last night too, only 1 more game in about 10 days and we'll be unbeaten all season!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome Gappy! :)

Nigel

Gappy

Dislikes
Thanks everybody for the welcomes.

I lost 1.76lbs this week (0.8kg) so not as good as last week but it's still moving at an average rate in the right direction.

I have already learnt so much from this site that I'm making lists of questions for the doc next time I see them!

Clairslloyd

Welcome gappy and what a fab weight loss. Sometimes you will find you dont lose much to start with but then your bod will settle to lose about an average each week/month. I was quite shocked that I lost 4lb since I last went to nurse (was a bit dissapointed tho, thought I would of lost more). The longer it takes to come off the longer is stays of is what I was told - so again well done and hope you keep it up (or should I say off) and good luck with the doc :)